New Item menu

Options

In the New Item pane these new tip buttons where added, in my opinion this seems like an inappropriate place for them. They take up almost 1/4 of the menu pane, do I really need these tips while wanting to add a new item, wouldn't a dedicated help section be a better place to have them? At the very least please consider moving it below the item selection so that I don't need to scroll to find other item types, instead of having these useless (to me) tips front and centre every time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Look at my post history. I've been saying this from the beginning of 1PW 8 and 1PW.com. They will not listen. In my opinion, the outrage/grievances towards AgileBits should be less directed towards electron and more towards this. Please for the love of god Agilebits STOP polluting your interface with these extraneous things. You are ruining your otherwise beautiful interface. You're better than this!

We don't need 1Password university advertisements, "Happy Thanksgiving from 1Password" notices, "Welcome Night Owl"! "Welcome Early Bird!" and the myriad of other interface pollutants on the screen. Have a section for all this stuff and stick it in there.

Some poor customer service soul will invariably reply "we'll take your feedback to design team" but this needs to taken straight to the top of AgileBits and a fundamental decision needs to be decided to prioritize the UI/UX before everything else -- including marketing.

This is what the page should look like:

• mia
    mia
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I posted a long reply but for some reason it got deleted from the forum :(

I completely agree with you. AgileBits needs to remove that section. It's complete unnecessary and polluting the user interface.
    If you look at my post history, I've posted several grievances about this kinds of stuff (Happy Thanksgiving from AgileBits, 1PW university, etc) but I don't think the design team agrees with the fundamentals of my design ethics.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have these tips when creating a new entry in 1Password for Windows 8.4.0 (80400040).

• namiaro
    namiaro
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to report two different issues:

1. Some items don't fit the window so there is an arrow pointing to the right - clicking it works fine, it scrolls items to the right and then an arrow pointing to the left appears. The problem is, it doesn't work, clicking on left-arrow doesn't make anything happen.

2. User should be able to scroll left or right with mouse wheel. Right now I need to click the wheel mouse to enable autoscroll to be able to move items left and right but it's not comfortable nor intuitive. Another solution would be to make the window resizable.

1Password for Windows 8.4.0 80400042.

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I don't see the headers as well, my screen looks exactly as with @DenalB. I'm using the system default (German) as language.
    If I switch to English, the header will appear.

However, the defaults for popular webpages (Amazon, Wikipedia) point to the US servers and web pages, which is usually not appropriate for users outside of the US or for users with a different language, so it's ok, if the headers don't appear for non-english users.

By the way, the same US-centric view of the world manifests in your main website, which made me create my subscription on 1password.com and not 1password.eu, which would be much more appropriate in terms of the privacy of my data. Now my data sticks on .com, and it would be a real chore to move to .eu, given my other family members that are on that account as well, and there are files stored that are not moved by your standard moving workflow.

• VictorVon
    VictorVon
    Community Member
    Options

I should have mentioned this originally, but I’m on the latest nightly build of 1P8 on MacOS.

• Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate that you've taken the time to report these issues/suggestions.

@VictorVon & @mia -

The best I can do is report your feedback to our design team. But! I can assure you that we take your feedback very seriously. The New Item catalogue is a newer feature, so we really appreciate any and all feedback you have for it.

@namiaro -

Great find! I am able to replicate the left arrow issue. I have already filed a ticket for this and for the scrolling issue, and reached out to our dev team so we can get working on a fix. I can certainly let you know when those fixes are implemented and ready to go :)

@Tertius3 -

At the moment, we do not have a great way to accomplish a .com to .eu migration. However, we are absolutely happy to advocate for such improvements and I will speak with someone in product to get a focused statement problem filed. I can definitely see how this can be a frustrating issue for non-US users.

Thanks again everyone for using 1Password8!

Emily

• Hi again @namiaro ! I just wanted to let you know that the left arrow issue has been fixed and that fix should be available to you within the next few days :)

We are still working on the mouse scrolling issue, but that will be solved and ready to go hopefully soon!

This discussion has been closed.