Crash when using keyboard shortcuts

Options
BitBat
BitBat
Community Member

I just noticed that 1Password (7.9.1) crashes for me on macOS (12.0.1) as soon as I use a keyboard shortcut like CMD+F or CMD+; . I sent a few crash reports from within the app a few minutes ago. Is that a known issue?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @BitBat!

I have seen just one other report of this, but I could not personally reproduce this. Is this still happening to you?

• BitBat
    BitBat
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana. The issue seems to be intermittent. I can't reproduce at the moment, but I was able to reproduce every time last night.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BitBat:

If this happens again, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• hornchr
    hornchr
    Community Member
    Options

I am on 7.9.1 on Mac OS 12.0.1 and experiencing lots of crashing as well across two of my machines. I have sent off crash reports to 1password and Apple each time they happen, hopefully you have a fix soon. Very frustrating.

• matiaskorhonen
    matiaskorhonen
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also getting this crash with 7.9.1. I just emailed the diagnostics report to the email address above…

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you both for the logs @hornchr and @matiaskorhonen!

• needhelpwithcrash
    needhelpwithcrash
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I'm getting this as well (consistent crash when using the Search field). From my post on another thread:

I'm also having this crash MB Pro M1 (first gen). Crashes frequently and almost always whenever I use the search field. Wasn't crashing yesterday (not sure if it auto-updated or not, but I'm running 7.9.1). Tried re-installing 1PW, installing macOS 11.6.0 -> 11.6.1 update, Safari update, and tried the 2 repair options in the 1PWTroubleshooting app; none of which helped. Also sent a diagnostic report via email from the app about an hour ago.

Note I do not (never have) had SentinelOne installed.

• @needhelpwithcrash:

I've located your message and we'll be in touch soon after investigating further. Thanks!

ref: XIM-98554-748

This discussion has been closed.