Feature request: Show strength of password in autofill suggestions

Options
fuchsr
fuchsr
Community Member

I think it would be great if there was some indication of password strength when the autofill suggestions pop up. That way, it would encourage me to go and change my password to make it stronger. Could be a color coding or an icon next to the suggestion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fuchsr!

Are you referring to the new password that 1Password suggests when you sign up for a website? If that's the one you are referring to, 1Password should already suggest strong passwords, so the color coding would always be the same.

Or are you referring to the existing password strength for Logins that you already have in the app?

• fuchsr
    fuchsr
    Community Member
    Options

The latter. The popup menu that pops up when you tab or click into a password field and that shows you the login credentials already stored for that site. In that case, if there was some indication that the stored password is weak, I could login with it and then change it to something stronger.

I'm specifically talking about Mac and Windows, obviously the login process is different for iOS.

• Hi @fuchsr:

I can see how that would be handy, so I've added your feedback as a feature request internally. :smile:

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1031

This discussion has been closed.