1password opens app rather than allowing safari or opening in 1password app

Options
sdades
sdades
Community Member
edited November 2021 in iOS

I wanted to log in to a web page using one password on my phone but when I tried 1password took me to the app which didn't provide the functionality I needed. No matter what I did I couldn't open a web page. In the end I had to delete the app for one password to then allow me to use a web page or even open in the 1password app.

1Password Version:7.9.2
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version:15.1

Comments

• Hi @sdades:

To confirm, were you navigating to the website using Safari on your phone?

You can use either Password AutoFill or 1Password for Safari to fill your credentials into a website on iPhone.

Jack

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack. I never got to the web page because it immediately tried to open the app. That’s why I tried within 1password but even there it took me to the app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sdades:

I never got to the web page because it immediately tried to open the app.

Where did you enter the website address when this happened? Was it in Safari?

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    Options

The url is in 1password. I select it in one password and ask to open in browser(safari) and it goes to the app or App Store if I have deleted it. If I try to open in 1password using it’s agent I get A pop up that’s titled “Leave 1password” and the option is either Leave or cancel. If I cancel It’s a blank screen with the url trying to take me to the App Store.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the clarification @sdades! I tried using the Open in browser option from within the 1Password app, and I was not able to reproduce the issue, the website opened in Safari for me. Is it possible to get a short screen recording from your device, so we can see exactly what is happening?

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Try this website https://runpayroll.adp.com in 1password

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Sorry correct is https://runpayroll.adp.com

• @sdades,

Unfortunately, ADP appears to be doing a url redirect when you load that url that causes it to prompt you to install their payroll mobile app from the app store. You could try manually opening that url in Safari or doing a long press on the url in 1Password and choosing the "open in browser" option so that it opens in Safari.

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks for the idea. Unfortunately that doesn’t work either. It also forces the redirect. Guess I’m out of luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sdades:

Unfortunately if you cannot use the website on mobile, and you are forced to use the iOS app instead, it would be easier to install the app, and then use 1Password to autofill your credentials in the app directly:

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

• sdades
    sdades
    Community Member
    Options

That would be great if the app provided the same functionality but it doesn’t which was why I tried to use the web page. Oh well. Thanks for your help.

• Ben
    Options

Understood. Thanks for the update @sdades. I'm sorry we couldn't be of further assistance here.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.