To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

"Incorrect authentication code. Make sure your device has the correct date and time" when logging in

alexbellon
alexbellon
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Memberships

I am trying to log into 1Password on a new computer, and am having issues passing the 2FA check. I have already checked that both my phone (generating the 2FA code through Duo) and my new computer have the correct time, and they are accurate according to time.is. I have also restarted both of the devices multiple times.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Linux Manjaro 21.2.6

Comments

• @alexbellon

I realize this may seem like such a cursory response, but have you tried restarting both devices and see if you're able to sign in then?

• alexbellon
    alexbellon
    Community Member

Yes, I've restarted both of the devices multiple times each with no luck.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alexbellon:

Did you perhaps configure a second authenticator app (for example, Google Authenticator), or do you have the possibility to configure it? It would be interesting to see if the issue is specifically with the Duo app, or with your TOTP code.

• alexbellon
    alexbellon
    Community Member

I think the issue is with the TOTP code, as I've logged into other accounts on the same new computer using Duo with no issues.

I just switched from Duo to another authenticator app, and that worked.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@alexbellon:

Personally, since another authenticator app worked for you, I would turn off 2FA for this account and enable it again (to get a brand new QR code), and see if the new one works in Duo too.

This discussion has been closed.