Second password field is randomly skipped

Options
cipri_tom
cipri_tom
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,

I am trying to log in on a company website. It asks for 2 passwords (complicated history). 1Password always fills the second one, but the first field is sometimes skipped. After insisting with the "Fill" keyboard shortcut (Cmd + ), it will eventually fill the first field too. But it's super random. I'm not sure what triggers the completion. I watched the page source and nothing seems to be changing between the time when it fills the bottom field, and the time it fills the top one.

Browser is Firefox.
Here is a video of it in action. You can hear when I press the Cmd+\ shortcut:

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 11.06

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @cipri_tom!

Is there any way we could get a URL to the website, so we can test it too? If not, one thing you could try is to save a new login in the browser, and see if the new one works:

How to save a Login manually in your browser

• cipri_tom
    cipri_tom
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_ana !
    I'll be happy to provide it to you in private, if that's possible.

I'll also try the manual route. Thanks !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cipri_tom:

Thank you! If the manual method does not help, please feel free to send us the URL via email at support+forum@agilebits.com, and we can take a look over there :)

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• cipri_tom
    cipri_tom
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    Nop. the manual solution doesn't seem to work because the form has 2 password fields, while 1P interface only allows for one.

I've sent an email. Got the response saying it was connected to this thread, but here is the reference anyway: [#JSU-11985-644]

Many thanks !

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cipri_tom:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: JSU-11985-644

This discussion has been closed.