Show details by default in 1PW 8 mini

Options

1PW7 mini allowed me to search and navigate through my items and copy fields like passwords with a single click.
I used this a lot for copying ssh key passwords when in my terminal for example.
In 1PW8 mini I need to hit CMD+O in advance. Would be great if there would be quick access to all the details again.

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hello @P4sca1 ! Thanks for sharing your feedback!

As you may know, Quick Access is a brand new feature introduced 1Password 8. In many ways it's similar to 1Password 7 mini, but in a few ways its design goals have changed and those changes are what you're running into.

Quick Access has been designed to give users lightning-fast access to the information they need most from their items. That's why we have quick actions and shortcuts for the most important fields from each item type, for example:

• Select an Login, hit the keyboard shortcut and boom, your username, password, or one-time password is on the clipboard.
    • Select a credit card, hit the keyboard shortcut and now your credit card number or CVV is on the clipboard.

Our hope is that we've tuned Quick Access to remove the need for users to navigate trough their full items nearly as often.

Hopefully this will help you get even more out of 1Password, and please let us know if you run into any trouble.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day! :)

• P4sca1
    P4sca1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply!

Besides from my previous SSH key workflow, 1PW8 Quick access actually allowed more quick access to most important information, once I got familiar with the keyboard shortcuts.
    I configured my SSH client to save passwords using keychain, so the problem is gone now.

• Hi @P4sca1 , I'm glad you're finding quick access feature useful!

Thank you so much for helping us make 1Password better for everyone! 💜

Please keep feedbacks coming! :)

This discussion has been closed.