Searching over all vaults in iOS

Options
TilRoquette
TilRoquette
Community Member

With 1Password for MacOS or iPadOS it is possible, to configure 1Password, so that it finds an entry in all vaults (an not only the currently active vaults).

It seems, this is not possible with 1Password for iOS. I have to switch vom vault to vault, until 1Passwords eventually finds the entry. Or am I wrong?

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Referrer: forum-search:Searching over all vaults

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TilRoquette!

1Password searches all vaults by default, unless you told it not to do it. What do you see under 1Password Preferences > Vaults > All Vaults? Do you have all your vaults added to that list?

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,

> What do you see under 1Password Preferences > Vaults > All Vaults? Do you have all your vaults added to that list?

Yes, all vaults, that I want to have included, are in the list and activated.

However, when I, using safari, am on a website, to which my logins are not saved in my Personal Vault, and open the 1password plugin, I have to tab "< Vaults" and chose the vault, in which the login is stored.

• Ben
    Options

@TilRoquette

Are you using '1Password for Safari', as shown here, or the iOS Password AutoFill system, shown here? Also could you please check if 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Always Open To is set to All Vaults?

Please let me know.

Ben

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

I wasn't aware there was a 1Password for Safari on iOS. This seems to work well.

The problem I am having, appears only with the iOS Password AutoFill system.

Also could you please check if 1Password > Settings > Vaults > Always Open To is set to All Vaults

As I said: all vaults, that I want to have included, are in the list and activated.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021
    Options

@TilRoquette:

As I said: all vaults, that I want to have included, are in the list and activated.

Ben is referring to a different setting:

• 1Password Preferences > Vaults > All Vaults: this is the one you are looking at
    • 1Password Preferences > Vaults > Always Open To: this is the one Ben asked you to check.
  • TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, in the iOS 1Password App, there ist no "Preferences > Vaults > Always Open To" (contrary to the MacOS 1Password app)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TilRoquette:

It's the first option in that section:

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

Ah! OK, I changes to "All Vaults". However, I have vaults that I do not want to search in, e.g. "old logins"

• @TilRoquette if you would like you can remove those vaults from the All Vaults. The button below that is titled All Vaults (in Ana's screenshot), lets you hide vaults from All Vaults, they are still selectable and searching when you switch to them directly, but won't be included when you select All Vaults.

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

@Joshua_ag That‘s actually, what I did. However, I am expecting that the search finds entries in all not hidden vaults. However, within the iPhone Autofill it only seems to find it in the default personal vault

• Ben
    Options

@TilRoquette

That shouldn't be the case. It may be that the Autofill cache is stale. You can force it to refresh in 1Password > Settings > Password AutoFill. A banner will (very) briefly flash across the top of the screen indicating the cache is being refreshed. Once that disappears please try Autofill again.

Ben

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

nope, doesn‘t help

• Ben
    Options

@TilRoquette

I'm at a bit of a loss as to how such a state is possible, to be honest. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your iPhone, which will hopefully give us some clues. Instructions on creating the report can be found here:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. That way we can 'connect the dots.' Thanks.

Ben

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    edited October 2021
    Options

sorry, didn‘t receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

ABC-12345-678

• Ben
    Options

The email was sent to support+ios@1password.com instead of support+forum@1password.com. I was able to find your message. Thanks for sending the report! We'll be in touch via email as soon as we've been able to review it and come up with a suggestion on next steps.

Ben

ref: JBP-91253-764

• rsmith7
    rsmith7
    Community Member
    Options

I can confirm that this issue exits wit other users. I have 5 vaults and two are turned off. However, autofills will still look at the vaults I do not want to use. I followed the recommended steps for TilRoquette.

Ray

• TilRoquette
    TilRoquette
    Community Member
    Options

This is the hint from 1Password support, that helped me:

_First let's completely clear out the AutoFill database and refresh the details there. Here's what to do:

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Tap Passwords.
    3. Tap Password AutoFill.
    4. Tap 1Password (to turn it off)
    5. Tap 1Password (to turn it back on).
    6. Unlock 1Password when prompted.

At this point try using AutoFill again to see if you can search and use it normally.

If that doesn't work the next quickest solution would be to reset the 1Password app. You can follow this guide to reset the app, just make sure you have access to your Emergency Kit or another device that is already signed in before resetting the app. https://support.1password.com/cs/starting-over/_

• rsmith7
    rsmith7
    Community Member
    Options

Tried that and same issue, pulling from an archive. What I realize is that the 1password exterion in safari for iOS produces the wrong logins. The correct login shows up above the keyboard or if I click on the password key.

• Hi @rsmith7:

Right now, the 1Password for Safari extension will search across all vaults. We're currently tracking a feature request to adjust the vaults shown in autofill, so I've added your input to it. Thanks!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#10017

• rsmith7
    rsmith7
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the feedback. I look forward to the option to select what I want to search.

• You're very welcome @rsmith7! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.