The app was not correctly configured and cannot access your Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @hwshi:

I'm sorry to hear you were running into this as well and it's great to hear you were able to get it sorted. After you've successfully connected 1Password for Android to your Dropbox account, it's safe to reinstall Dropbox on your phone. Let us know if you run into any further trouble! :smile:

Jack

• AdrianR
    AdrianR
    Community Member

I was having exactly this issue with my new Pixel 6 phone that I received yesterday, and it was causing much frustration! Thanks to the OP, other posters and to Jack for providing the workaround. Tried it just now and it was a success, without having to go back in the Dropbox browser window.

It appears that thiis is very common for Pixel 6 users, although not exclusively. Is it possible that the common factor with this issue is due to running on Android 12? Perhaps it has broken something with either the 1Password or Dropbox apps, or the linking between them?

• bdipert
    bdipert
    Community Member

I noticed the issue this morning on one (on AT&T), but strangely not both, of my Pixel 3as recently upgraded to Android 12 (so no, it's not a Pixel 6-specific issue). This may be because this particular phone got updated to Android 12...twice...sigh

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2021/11/google-accidentally-pushes-android-12-to-pixel-users-a-second-time/

Anyhoo, by following the steps detailed in this thread, including peri's all-important "tap the back arrow on your device to go back to the 1Password screen" trick, I was able to get it going again. Of course, by initially disconnecting the 1Password for Android app, that caused my other Pixel 3a (on Verizon) to start acting up, too...rinse and repeat, and now both are back to normal.

FWIW

• Hi @hwshi. I'm not clear as to whether you're still having trouble syncing or if you were able to get your data synced over. Do you have 1Password syncing at the moment?

If not, please have a look at my comment above and let me know if that helps. You should be able to install Dropbox without any issues.

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

I followed Jack's directions but was unsuccessful ...I could not reopen 1Password for Android on my IMac after I disconnected it and do not know how to relink Dropbox using my web browser...so I am totally stuck...my old phone still had 1password but after disabling
    it on Dropbox, then it does not work at all.... this happened after I got a new Pixel phone.....any tips would help

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@letsroll:

I could not reopen 1Password for Android on my IMac after I disconnected it

Can you please clarify what you mean by this?

• shengruoyu
    shengruoyu
    Community Member

same issue. Not solved with web login.

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

I followed Jack's directions but was unsuccessful ...I could not reopen 1Password for Android on my IMac after I disconnected it and do not know how to relink Dropbox using my web browser...so I am totally stuck...my old phone still had 1password but after disabling
    it on Dropbox, then it does not work at all.... this happened after I got a new Pixel phone.....any tips would help

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

I followed Jack's directions and went to the dropbox website and disconnected 1Password for android....In step 4 he saus to reopen 1password for Android and it was not anywhere in the website as I had disconnected it and it has disappeared....I did not know
    what "relink using the web browser" meant...thanks for getting back to me.....just uploaded Android 12 yesterday...still not working

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

Didn't look at the whole 1Password changelog for Android to see if Dropbox support had been updated recently or not (don't use Dropbox) but I recall reading Dropbox made changes to how apps are authorized. This new method was supposed to be the only one available starting september 30th. Other apps were affected by authorization problems at some point and needed updates. It was announced in 2020 though.

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

My computer just got an update from 1Password and the update failed because it failed to find the version of the installed Password
    application....hope that is not because of disabling 1Password for Android on my computer....what do I need to do now ?

• Hi @letsroll and @shengruoyu:

Just to confirm, you're not having luck with these steps?

1. Delete the Dropbox app from your phone.
    2. Go to the Dropbox website and disconnect the 1Password for Android app: Settings > Connected Apps > 1Password for Android > Disconnect
    3. Ensure that there's a spare device slot in your Dropbox account if you are using a free account: Settings > Security > Devices
    4. Re-open 1Password for Android, relink your Dropbox account using your web browser.
    5. After tapping Allow, do not exit Chrome or 1Password. Instead use the back button/gesture on your device to go back to the 1Password screen.

If these steps aren't working, please email us at support+forum@1password.com with a link to this thread and more details, and we'll be able to investigate further.

Additionally, @letsroll, while those issues aren't directly related, it sounds like we'll need to take a closer look at your setup to figure out what's going on. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

In your step 4 above, when I went back to reopen 1password for android, it was gone and I could not find it
    so I stopped there...I also do not how to relink using the web browser.... if you want to do a diagnostic then
    you will have to send one for a Mac as I have a Mac computer where I use Chrome and an android phone
    Pixel 5a....

• @letsroll:

Sorry for the mixup there, here's how to send a Diagnostics Report from a Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

• letsroll
    letsroll
    Community Member

my support ID is:[#DGW-76566-848]

• shengruoyu
    shengruoyu
    Community Member

If Dropbox Personal Account is linked with a Work Account, you have to unlink the two accounts.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@letsroll:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DGW-76566-848

• brian5542
    brian5542
    Community Member

Hello,

i have the same issue.
    My phone Samsung s21 ultra.
    I have reinstall android 12 on the Samsung store because i have another problem.

I would like connect my 1p with my dropbox apps. dont work

I have follow:

Delete the Dropbox app from your phone.
    Go to the Dropbox website and disconnect the 1Password for Android app: Settings > Connected Apps > 1Password for Android > Disconnect
    Ensure that there's a spare device slot in your Dropbox account if you are using a free account: Settings > Security > Devices
    Re-open 1Password for Android, relink your Dropbox account using your web browser.
    After tapping Allow, do not exit Chrome or 1Password. Instead use the back button/gesture on your device to go back to the 1Password screen.

But don't work.
    I have try with Firefox don't work.

Thank you for the help

Brian

• brian5542
    brian5542
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

• Hi @brian5542:

I'm sorry you're running into trouble with getting 1Password working with Dropbox. In my numbered list of steps, on which step are you running into issues? Let me know, and I'll be happy to investigate further!

Jack

• brian5542
    brian5542
    Community Member

Hello,

the connetion with dropbox i have the same message error.
    The app was not correctly configured and cannot access your Dropbox

Brian

• ohchristineho
    ohchristineho
    Community Member

Glad I found this thread as the exact issue was happening to me (Pixel 2 to a Pixel 6 Pro). Deleting old devices from Dropbox, disconnecting old 1Password apps from Dropbox (I left the one active one from my Pixel 2 in case things went badly), and then getting stuck on the "Allow" page was frustrating. Switched back to the 1Password app a couple of times and it just launched an identical tab in Chrome with the same problem. However, a couple of times doing that and then the app seemed to find the vault and allow me to connect. Pretty serious issue for users!

• brian5542
    brian5542
    Community Member

Hello,

i have also disconnecting old 1P in dropbox but don't work for me.
    Same issue forme.

Brian

• Parker Daniels
    Parker Daniels
    Community Member

I just got a new (2021) Sony Xperia 1 iii and I'm having the same problem. Went through all the recommendations on this thread and nothing worked. I'm wondering if its an Android 12 thing.

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member

@Parker Daniels Could be, recent versions of Android became even more restrictive for apps and how they can handle data it seems. Also Dropbox did make some changes to their authorization mechanism.

I faced it on Android 10 and another app that uses Dropbox, authorizing did nothing, you add to do some convoluted stuff involving what @peri said earlier there : https://1password.community/discussion/comment/618687/#Comment_618687.

Ditched Dropbox now but yeah, not fun.

• Rivadi_NL
    Rivadi_NL
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I had the same issue on my new phone. Followed the work araound and the second time it worked.

This discussion has been closed.