Remove old folders

Options
411pass
411pass
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Mac

1Password v7.9 standalone on Mac. Folders have been migrated to tags long time ago which is fine. But folders still seem to be stored in the db, I can see them when doing an export and also when sync'ing with a local folder, there's a folders.js file created.

Is there a way to remove the old folders, without removing the items that may have been part of folders pre 1Password v7?

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    Options

Any ideas?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@411pass:

Do you mean that you only see mentions of these old folders in the database itself, but nowhere inside the app or the extension when you actually use 1Password?

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    Options

They are not visible in the app, but are still in the db, in 1PIF exports and in OPVault syncs.

Is there a way to clean them from the db?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@411pass:

Thank you for the confirmation. I am sure you can remove anything from the db with a database editor, I just would not recommend modifying the actual database. If you absolutely want to remove it, I would suggest you make a backup of your entire database and 1Password directory, just in case something breaks in the process, so you can quickly revert to the working version of your data.

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    Options

you can remove anything from the db with a database editor

My question is how, do you provide such an editor? Why doesn't 1Password v7 just clean up folders if they are not supported anymore?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@411pass:

We don't provide a database editor, but I have searched with Google and found several free ones. We cannot officially recommend any third-party tool, so you are free to choose the one you prefer :+1:

Why doesn't 1Password v7 just clean up folders if they are not supported anymore?

I will be happy to ask the developers!

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    Options

Any word from the developers?

This discussion has been closed.