Password Histories Missing!

neddy
neddy
Community Member

Hi, I just changed a password, and I now need the old password, but the history is nowhere to be found. Has this been removed, or relocated? I'm using 7.9.1.BETA-3

Thanks

(p.s. I'm freaking out a little as this was a password to a corporate router, and if I can't find it then I will have to reset the router, which will be bad...)

1Password Version: 7.9.1.BETA-3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.2.3

Comments

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

Ok, I am no longer freaking out as I logged into the WebUI and found the history, but it does seem to be missing from the app at the moment.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@neddy:

How did you update the password for this item? Was it directly inside the Mac app, or in the browser extension? If it was the browser extension, which version and in which browser?

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

It was directly in the Mac app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@neddy:

Thank you for the confirmation. I tried to update an item in my 1Password app, and the password history feature showed as usual. Are you able to reproduce this, either with the same item, or with a different one?

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

The screenshot above is from the Mac app. The item has no option for password history in the app, but if I log in to the WebUI, the old passwords are there. I have just checked, and the issue is still there.

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

I have just changed a few more passwords and there is no history shown for them either.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@neddy:

I have just checked, and the issue is still there.

Have you tried updating the item again though? I am trying to understand if this is one-time thing, or if this item is broken no matter how many times you try to update it.

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

I have updated another item, and it is the same issue. I am not going to update the router password anymore as I cannot afford to lose that one...

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

Why was this moved to the browser forum? It's an issue with the Mac app?

• ylou
    ylou
    Community Member

1Password 7
    Version 7.9.1.BETA-3 (70901003)
    1Password Beta

Happened to me too

• ylou
    ylou
    Community Member

No matter how many times I've updated it, the history does not show up on macOS app.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @neddy ,
    I'm testing this here with 1Password 7.9.1 beta-2 and things seem to work ok: http://recordit.co/XNWu7wN6XZ

Can you please run software update and update your 1Password to beta-2, then restart your Mac for good measures and see if you are still able to reproduce the issue?
    Also - if you create a brand new login item, does the issue occur there as well?

• ylou
    ylou
    Community Member

@ag_yaron Both @neddy and I are already at 7.9.1 BETA-3. Software Update only gives "You are up to date".

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ylou ,

Indeed, beta-3 is already available, and looking at its changelog it contains the following:

Fixed an issue that prevented password history from being available on Server, Database, Wireless Router and Email items.

Seems like this was a known issue that was fixed in that latest beta. Are you saying you are still not finding the password history button even though your app is on beta-3? Are you trying to find the history in a login item or in one of the above mentioned items (Server/Database/Router etc)?

• ylou
    ylou
    Community Member

Hey @ag_yaron ,

Yes, on BETA-3 I cannot find the password history button for a Login item.

• ylou
    ylou
    Community Member

Updated to BETA-5. Still not seeing password history button for all the Login items I have checked.

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

Hi @ylou and @ag_yaron ,

Here is a screen recording of what happens on my end.

https://cln.sh/FPGR9e

Cheers

• neddy
    neddy
    Community Member

I have now updated to Version 7.9.1.BETA-5 (70901005) and it looks like this has resolved the issue for me.

• ylou
    ylou
    Community Member

Updated to Version 7.9.2.BETA-1 and remembered to check again, and password history is back! Yay! Thank you!

• Hi @neddy / @ylou:

Glad to hear it's working for both of you again. :smile: If you run into any trouble in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.