Unable to submit password to login.splunk.com

Options
bmorgenthaler
bmorgenthaler
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

macOS: 11.6.1
Firefox: 94.0.1

login.splunk.com will not work with 1Password, it is a two stage submit, username, then password. 1P works on the username, then when the password prompt appears 1P is available to select for autofill and lists the correct entry but when selected nothing is filled.

1Password Version: 7.9.2.BETA-0 (70902000)
Extension Version: 2.1.8
OS Version: 11.6.1
Referrer: forum-search:login.splunk.com

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bmorgenthaler ,

I tested this website and found the password field there is built in a non-standard way that prevents 1Password's inline menu from being able to keep the password field filled in. Immediately after 1Password autofills it, the field is cleared by the website.

However, I was able to autofill from the 1Password icon on the top right corner of my browser. Can you please try that and see if it works for you as well?
    Get to the password field, then click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and autofill from there.

• bmorgenthaler
    bmorgenthaler
    Community Member
    Options

Yes filling from the toolbar but for the inline control it doesn't. What is also annoying is that 1P Mini is the systray finds the website in suggestions but pressing Autofill doesn't fill the password but opens up a new tab and starts the process all over again.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @bmorgenthaler ,

It sounds like you may have another 1Password extension installed in your browser which is causing this behavior when you autofill from the tray bar icon.
    Please open your browser's installed extensions page and make sure that the only 1Password extension there is "1Password - Password manager". If you see any other 1Password extension, remove it.
    If you have multiple user profiles in the browser, go over each profile and make sure that there are no other 1Password extensions in the other profiles as well.

But overall, I do recommend you stick to the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar on the top right corner.

This discussion has been closed.