Focus behaviour changed for items opened in new window (floating always on top)

Options
flotpg
flotpg
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Mac

Hey community,
I'll describe the loss of a very beloved feature which was available in one of the past major releases of 1PW.

I’ve described this a few times in the past to @AlexHoffmann and he forwarded my issue.
@chadseld can you help out?

I really miss the “old window focus behaviour” how it was a few releases ago.

Please see the screenshot. It describes the behaviour of the on-top floating window of 1PW, when you press command + O to open an item.
Screenshot description: on the left side is a dialog but can also be a RDP session, etc, anything where drag and drop doesn’t work or is too slow.

Now the focus always changes back to the floating window when you click to copy a field.
In the past the focus stayed on the target window after changing window focus to it.
I clicked on the password to copy it and just pressed Command + V, the focus stayed on the target window and just pasted the password!

The “new” behaviour really drives me nuts (Muscle memory) - It’s a big downgrade in terms of efficiency.

Any chance to change this behaviour?

This "BUG, not a new feature" was also reported to support #ZIS-63229-613

Many thanks and best regards, Flo.

1Password Version: 7.9.1.BETA-5 (70901005)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi Flo,

Yes, this behavior is something I want to get back. IIRC we lost it a while ago and I'm not sure why. The detached window is supposed to be a not-activating panel window unless it is in edit mode. That way, it won't change the keyboard focus away from the top-most application when clicking the hover copy buttons. I know we are tracking this as an issue for version 8, where it is also broken in the way you describe at the moment.

• flotpg
    flotpg
    Community Member
    Options

Oh my dear DEV Team. Thank you very much
    :

• I'm happy that we were able to fix this for you. Note: we are discovering issues that make this difficult for the detached windows in 1Password 8 (which is currently in early access alpha/beta). But at least we can have this fix in version 7. And I hope to get it into version 8 at some point too.

This discussion has been closed.