Fingerprint unlock needs extra nudge

Options

I've been using the fingerprint unlock on my Windows laptop for some time, but I can not say for sure when this has started. The issue is that after I unlock 1P with the password for the 1st use after the reboot, it still needs an extra nudge to pick up the fingerprint. When I bring up 1P with the Ctrl+Alt+\ sometimes the LED indicator above the fingerprint reader does not turn on. If I close the "Making sure it's you" popup and open it again clicking on the Unlock with Windows hello button it works as expected.
This does not happen every time though

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hi @mzel, thanks for reaching out to us today. After your first unlock with your account password, all subsequent unlocks using biometrics are passed along to to Windows Hello/Windows Security from 1Password for Windows. When you reboot/or otherwise completely exit the 1Password for Windows process, you'll need to enter your account password again to activate Windows Hello.

It sounds like this issue might be with Windows Hello itself or perhaps your fingerprint scanner. I'd suggest ensuring that the device drivers for the fingerprint scanner are up-to-date. Beyond that, you can try temporarily disabling/removing the fingerprint sign in from the Windows settings app > Accounts > Sign-in options and setting it up from scratch.

Sign in to your Microsoft account with Windows Hello

I hope this helps! We'll be here should you have any other questions or concerns :)

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member
    Options

When you reboot/or otherwise completely exit the 1Password for Windows process, you'll need to enter your account password again >> to activate Windows Hello.

Yes, I know that. As I said I am past that stage

I'd suggest ensuring that the device drivers for the fingerprint scanner are up-to-date.

Come on. I am a software developer myself

It sounds like this issue might be with Windows Hello itself

Yeah, I got some feeling that is the case. I see the computer locking up sometimes around those incidents. I do see the Windows hello popup, but the fingerprint reader is not activated

This discussion has been closed.