Does not suggest email addresses on Glitch

Options
larryv
larryv
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi!

On Glitch, the extension does not suggest email addresses from my Identity item when focus is on certain text fields that expect an email address. (It doesn't do anything, in fact.) For example:

• The email field on the signin page, under either "Email Magic Link" or "Create an account > Email Magic Link". (No URLs, sorry. It's JavaScript all the way down.)
  • The "Add an email" field on the account settings page. (Requires an account, unfortunately.)

(It does suggest login items when trying to log in with a password via "Sign In to Glitch" > "Password", although it currently displays "No items to show" for me because I don't have any login items for this site.)

I currently have v2.1.4 of the extension, on Firefox 94.0.1.

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hey @larryv ,

I'm testing Glitch's website and so far from what I can tell, they don't structure their signup page correctly. There are no forms there, just a page with a random email field. Whenever there's a submit button, there should be form in which that button (and any related field) should be present in.

In the login page, because there's a password field present, we force 1Password to show up even though there's no actual form structure, but if we force 1Password to show up in fields that are not part of forms like that signup page, 1Password would become extremely intrusive and will show up everywhere.

For now, I recommend that you autofill your identity item from the extension's icon on the top right corner of the page, which works great in the signup page (and I'm sure it will work in the internal "Add an Email" field as well).

• larryv
    larryv
    Community Member
    Options

if we force 1Password to show up in fields that are not part of forms like that signup page, 1Password would become extremely intrusive and will show up everywhere.

I agree, that'd be awful! But I am seeing a form there (or at least a <form> element). Is it just constructed bizarrely or something?

For now, I recommend that you autofill your identity item from the extension's icon on the top right corner of the page, which works great in the signup page (and I'm sure it will work in the internal "Add an Email" field as well).

Thanks! I mainly just want to notify you about potential bugs, but "not a bug" is okay too!

• On behalf of Yaron, you're very welcome @larryv! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.