Is it possible to save a login for a specific URL?

Options

Hi,

Is it possible to save logins for specific URLs?
For example:
I am developing a webapp running on localhost/mytestapp. If I need to test the login system, I save it to 1Password, so it shows up on localhost/mytestapp/login.php. However, doing so will also make it appear on localhost/anothertestapp/login.

So my question is if it's possible to only make it appear on localhost/mytestapp/*, but not on any other localhost app (so for example localhost/anothertestapp/*).

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MoosMas ,

1Password will suggest all logins that contain the same base domain of the website you're currently visiting, so every login entry that contains localhost will show up in suggestions.

1Password should order them in a logical manner though:

1. Favorites that contain the base domain.
    2. Exact matches of the base domain + sub-domain.
    3. Other logins that contain the base domain (but might contain different sub-domains and other prefix/suffix).

So my first suggestion here would be to mark the logins you use the most as favorites, which should make them show up at the top of the suggestions list, making it easier for you to find.

The other suggestion would be to name your login entries with unique and recognizable names so it would be easier to locate the relevant entry.
    Naming your login items with unique and recognizable names would not only make it easier for you to locate the relevant login, but would also allow you to start typing the login item's name (or username) inside the fields on the website, which will act as a "search" function in 1Password and will narrow down the list of options it suggests.

I hope you'll find these tips helpful for now. We do plan on adding advanced matching rules and options in the future so I'll add your voice to that feature request.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

• MoosMas
    MoosMas
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_yaron ,
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. I didn't know you could use the fields as a search box! :)

Thanks again

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad I could help :)

This discussion has been closed.