1P 7 crashing on Monterey

hsafer
hsafer
Community Member

I upgraded to macOS Monterey about a week ago, and 1Password 7 has been crashing a lot since then. I never had 1P crashes before. I have not noticed any particular actions that I do just before crashes.

I don't see other complaints about this in the Forum. Are other people experiencing this?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• uckethwi
    uckethwi
    Community Member

Same here, same versions. Pls fix…

• @hsafer @uckethwi

We have a working solution in our betas that was confirmed to help the known crashes we have investigated. If you would like to take advantage of that, please enable our betas.

Use 1Password beta releases

If betas are not your cup of tea, I hope to see this released to the stable channel as soon as possible.

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_tommy . I have now installed 7.9.2.BETA-2.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @hsafer :+1: How are things going on the beta?

• hsafer
    hsafer
    Community Member

So far, so good. No problems. Thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is good to hear :)

• uckethwi
    uckethwi
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I don't like beta versions. When is the fix going to stable?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@uckethwi:

We never share release dates because it depends on the feedback of the beta users, but we try of course to update as soon and as much as possible.

• uckethwi
    uckethwi
    Community Member

Could you please speed up getting this fix to stable?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I will ask the developers for you @uckethwi :+1:

• needmypasswords
    needmypasswords
    Community Member

I am having the same problem. I cannot switch to beta because I can't open 1password at all, so I can't get into preferences. What should I do?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@needmypasswords:

You can download the beta directly from here if you wish, and install it over your existing 1Password app. Please let us know how it goes :+1:

• hughdaleharris
    hughdaleharris
    Community Member

I downloaded the beta directly from the link above, but it's still crashing. OS Monterey 12.1 on a new imac 27inch . any suggestions?

• @hughdaleharris I'm sorry to hear that 1Password for Mac is crashing on your Mac. Can you try to download and install the latest version of 1Password from our website: Download 1Password for Mac

If you still experience crashes then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• hughdaleharris
    hughdaleharris
    Community Member

@Dave_1P 1Password still crashed when I opened it after downloading it from the link in your message.
    I downloaded the 1Password troubleshooting app and it too crashed after I hit the create report button. I tried restarting my computer but both 1Password and the troubleshooting app crashed as before.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hughdaleharris:

Do you get a crash popup after this happens, where you can see the crash report?

• hughdaleharris
    hughdaleharris
    Community Member

Yes, I get a crash report in both situations. It just pops right up on the screen.

• @hughdaleharris I'm sorry to hear that the diagnostic report utility is also crashing. Please send us an email to support+forum@1password.com with a link to this discussion and a copy of the crash report and we can investigate further. :)

This discussion has been closed.