FireFox extension not working after clean install of Monterey

bwadm
bwadm
Community Member

Hi!
I did a real clean install of Monterey (12.0.1) on my iMac24 (Apple silicon). Installation of the 1P app and of the Safari extension worked, also my licence was detected. So far - fine.
But installation failed for FireFox (94.0.1):

• other than before, the 1P menu entry "Install Browser extensionS" opens only the Extensions Preferences of Safari
  • after search with Google I found this website https://1password.com/browsers/beta/firefox/ and installed this Add-on (v2.1.8) for FireFox. Install worked, the icon looks OK, but the tool (add-on, extension, whatever) does not communicate with my 1P main app.
    How to get 1P to work on FireFox as before (with Big Sur 11.6.1)??

It seems that I lack access to the classic extension for FireFox?

1Password Version: 7.9.2.BETA-2
Extension Version: 7.9.2.BETA-2
OS Version: 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwadm!

It seems that I lack access to the classic extension for FireFox?

You can download it from here:

Get the 1Password classic extension

also my licence was detected

This is probably the reason: if you use a standalone license, you need to use the classic extension, because the extension that you installed in Firefox (version 2.1.8) requires a Membership to function :+1:

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Thanks!
    It worked, but I had to manually install the .xpi file in FireFox because it did not open automatically after double click. Now I have 4.7.5.90.

What would have been the way to the "Get the 1Password classic extension" page without asking here?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021

@bwadm:

Thanks!

You are welcome! :)

What would have been the way to the "Get the 1Password classic extension" page without asking here?

On our Downloads page, you can click directly on the Looking for the classic extension? link in the browser extensions area:

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member

Thanks again! 👍
    No idea what I did wrong so that Google did not display that page. 🙈

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @bwadm! And no worries, we are here to help :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.