Safari extension icon keeps changing location

nigital
nigital
Community Member

Hi,

The Safari extension icon is by default placed on the left side of the browser's address bar. While I don't really understand this design choice (haven't encountered a single other extension that would place it on the left instead of the right side) it doesn't matter since you can re-arrange Safari's Toolbar the way you prefer. So I do, and drag the icon to the right side of the address bar.

But for whatever reason it seems to reset its place constantly. This has kinda always happened with the extension, but I always chucked it under Safari updating itself or something and never really bothered figuring it out since it used to happened so sporadically.

However this seems to be happening all the time now, like once a week or two weeks, on both my Macs. It's quite frustrating as I use 1P constantly in my work.

I take it this probably has something to do with the extension updating itself. So if possible, please, look into not resetting the icon location when updating the extension. Or perhaps you have some other ideas why this might be happening.

I know this seems like a minor gripe but for someone who uses it all the time it's quite annoying not having my UI the way I'm used to using it.

I'm running Safari Version 15.0 (16612.1.29.41.4, 16612) on BigSur with the latest 7.9.2 betas for both 1Password and the extension.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.2.BETA-1
Extension Version: 7.9.2.BETA-0
OS Version: macOS 11.6
Referrer: forum-search:safari

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nigital!

While I don't really understand this design choice (haven't encountered a single other extension that would place it on the left instead of the right side)

In Safari, I see all of my extensions on the left side of the URL bar, I thought this was default behavior. Do you have extensions in Safari showing up on the right?

• nigital
    nigital
    Community Member

Yes, I do.
    Perhaps Safari has changed the default location to the left side.
    However none of my other extension change place so seems like a 1P issue.

• @nigital,

Its not, we have no way to control where the extension appears in the toolbar.

• nigital
    nigital
    Community Member

Alright, thanks anyway!

• On behalf of Rudy, you're very welcome @nigital! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.