Keep 1Password unlocked over multiple RDP sessions

I often RDP from my laptop running either Mac OS or Windows 10 to my Windows 10 desktop PC. Each time I disconnect and reconnect, I have to unlock 1Password on the destination machine, Is there way around this behaviour? I often disconnect and reconnect from RDP many times in a day. I would like for the same locking behaviour to apply as per the security settings on the destination machine which is set to lock after the computer is idle for 12 hours.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Tertius3
    Tertius3
    Community Member

Disconnecting a rdp session is like locking the remote desktop. So if you want 1Password to stay unlocked, you need to go into the security settings and configure it to not lock when the computer is being locked.
    Works for me.

• Hi @Matty279, as mentioned above by @Tertius3 (thank you), you can adjust this setting from here - 1Password > Settings > Security > Auto-lock and then disable "Lock when computer is locked".

If you have any further questions, please let us know. We're always happy to help! :)

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member

Excellent thank you for this simple fix

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Mike, you are welcome @Matty279! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.