[Feature Request] Trigger sync in all other devices

nicosmaris
nicosmaris
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Android

When I create or update a password in my desktop, I want to use it in a few seconds in my android apps (like browsers) without going myself at 1password android app to refresh it.

This was happening frequently especially when I bought 1password and found many weak passwords and many that support 2FA.

One potential way would be for 1password servers to trigger a sync in all other devices when a device sends a new/changed entry to them.

Comments

• Hello @nicosmaris Thanks for sharing these suggestions with us!

With a 1Password membership any changes you make on one device are immediately available everywhere else. You can read more about syncing your 1Password data in this guide: Sync your 1Password data

Let us know if there's any issue syncing your 1Password data!

• nicosmaris
    nicosmaris
    Community Member

Then it's a bug cause it's not immediately available when the app is already open in Android when I make a change in windows. Let me know what information you need to reproduce that.

• Hey, @nicosmaris!

1Password tries to sync any changes across all platforms immediately. On the Android app, you should see a notification in the status bar when 1Password is syncing. If you have the Android app open, you can force the device to sync by tapping the Sync option in the ellipsis menu. If your device is still not syncing, we'll need to gather more information to troubleshoot the issue.

This discussion has been closed.