Strange 1password Menu Location in KDE Plasma

Options
jbhardman
jbhardman
Community Member

I have Arch linux with KDE Plasma 5.23 and newest available 1password installed. I have the same problem on Wayland and Xorg.

The very top left corner of my screen has an invisible 1password menu of sorts. When a window is expanded full screen, I cannot click on anything that is right in the top left corner. If I leave my mouse there, I get a tooltip that says 1password. If I right click, I get the same 1password menu that I would get when right-clicking on the system tray icon. I can quick 1password, and then the area is now clickable again.
I have my close button on the left side, so I can't click to close a full size window.
This is very strange. Here are three screenshots to explain:

l

1Password Version: 8.3.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux

Comments

• Hi, @jbhardman.

To be clear, this is specifically Plasma, no matter which display server you run?

Is 1Password running right now? Does this problem go away if you quit 1Password? That's the menu that you get from clicking on the 1Password icon in the system tray, and it looks like your system tray is in the lower-right corner, so this is pretty weird.

• jbhardman
    jbhardman
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, only plasma. I also have a basic Window Manager installed (BSPWM), and I do not have this problem there. When in Plasma, I have the problem both on Xorg and Wayland. Yes, my system tray is in the bottom right. When I right click on the actual icon in the system tray, I get the same options as when I right click in the top left corner. As soon as I quit 1password, the problem is gone and I can then successfully click on the are in the top left corner as expected, such as a close window button.

This discussion has been closed.