Early access and Alfred / Spotlight / LaunchBar (3rd party search integration)

Comments

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @mia,

That is my point. Alfred is NOT a bonus feature but a core feature of 1Password that should have been integrated into the early access version from the off.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@HRD:

I will be happy to let the developers know that this is a priority for you :+1:

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

• MacKopes
    MacKopes
    Community Member

Obviously, this is a beta, so I don't expect all 3rd parties to support this version 'yet'... I am curious as I don't see the checkboxes in preferences to allow 3rd Party Integration in 1Password 8 yet..
    IS or Will the same type of 3rd Party integration be available in 1Password 8.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
    Extension Version: 2.1.4
    OS Version: macOS 12.1

• mia
    mia
    Community Member

Search for the word "Alfred".

• MacKopes
    MacKopes
    Community Member

Ah! yup, I see the thread! It's really the same thing/request: Good Callout!
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/616459#Comment_616459

• Merged and re-titled to make this thread more discoverable. :+1: Thanks!

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

What is the progress with Alfred integration?

• To my knowledge, nothing new to report; sorry. We'll be sure to update this thread when there is an update.

Ben

• handshaper
    handshaper
    Community Member

The problem I'm having is less with the integration but more to do with the fact that 1Password8 BLOCKS snippet expansion completely makes that feature of Alfred unusable. Back to iPassword7 for me as I cannot live without Alfred!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you as well for the feedback @handshaper :+1:

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

Earlier versions of 1Password were able to be integrated with the Alfred application (https://www.alfredapp.com/). This was partially enabled by "Enable integration with 3rd party apps" in the 1Password advanced preferences.

I do not see this option in 1Password v8.

Is this a supported function/feature?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400053, on BETA channel
    Extension Version: 2.1.8
    OS Version: 12.0.1 (21A559)

• Erik_1P
    Erik_1P
    1Password Alumni

I’m working on adding this feature, it will be available in nightly builds once it’s ready.

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

Thanks @Erik1P

Do you have an ETA for when this will be avail in the nightly build? I am currently on the BETA but am willing to switch to help evaluate/test.

Mahalo

• Hi @freyman

My apologies, but as a rule we don't provide ETAs. I've made a note on our internal issue tracker requesting that we follow up in this thread once this feature is available in nightly builds.

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#9436

• kpages
    kpages
    Community Member

It refers me to the advanced section of preferences in 1password but I don't see the 3rd party integration box in the beta for Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:beta

• freyman
    freyman
    Community Member

@ben. That rule makes sense now that you draw my attention to it.

Best of luck to the team and happy holidays!

• Hey @freyman:

On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome! Thanks for the well wishes, happy holidays to you as well!

Jack

• Hi @kpages

This feature is not (yet) available in 1Password 8. Hopefully soon. :)

Ben

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member

I am currently using 1Password Beta v 8.5.0.

I am receiving a warning message each time I start up 1Password stating "3rd Party app integration is disabled in 1Password".

The instructions state that I need to go to 1Password Prefences>Advanced>"3rd party integration etc". However, this option doesn't exist in my current version.

Any remedy?

1Password Version: 8.5.0
    OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

• Hi @WillockBoy2:

I've merged your thread into our main discussion on this :smile:

Currently, third party integration for use with Alfred or similar is not in 1Password 8 just yet. If you're using Alfred, and would like to stop receiving this message, disabling "1Password 1Click Bookmarks" in Alfred's Features > 1Password preferences will stop Alfred from looking for the integration. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member

Jack
    Apologies, but I'm unsure about what exactly Alfred is? My message seems to relate to the "LaunchBar" application. To my knowledge, I do not have Alfred on my MacBook Pro.
    Can you advise?
    With thanks.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited December 2021

Hi @WillockBoy2:

Thanks for clarifying. In this case, it looks like you'll need to disable the 1Password indexing within LaunchBar to disable this dialog. To disable 1Password indexing, start LaunchBar from Applications, then select Index > Show Index in the menu bar. Scroll to Third Party Apps in the index sidebar, then right click on 1Password, and select Disable. This will prevent LaunchBar from attempting to index 1Password, preventing the notification. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• WillockBoy2
    WillockBoy2
    Community Member

Jack
    That’s brilliant and, so far, seems to have worked.
    Many thanks for your expertise and really prompt response.

• You are very welcome @WillockBoy2! :smile:

• srbuwsnyc
    srbuwsnyc
    Community Member
    edited January 2022

I'm running the latest Version 8 beta, and can no longer find the "Enable integration with 3rd party apps" option. Is there any way to make the new 1PW work with Alfred? Thanks.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
    OS Version: macOS 12.2

• Hi @srbuwsnyc

I've merged your thread with another on the same topic. This isn't a feature of 1Password 8, yet, but it is on the radar. :)

Ben

• HRD
    HRD
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

This all becoming rather a saga. This feature should have been introduced by now, and certainly in an early version of the beta!

• I appreciate your passion for the integration @HRD. I'm a heavy Alfred user as well. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.