Search not finding term in one item - although it exists

Options

I'm searching on the term "global" in the app. 1P pops up several hits, but not the item I'm looking for - which includes the term "Global" as a field title. It can't be true that 1P isn't searching field titles... What else could cause this failure?

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400045
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.1 Beta (21C5031d)

Comments

• Hi @HFTobeason, I'm sorry that search is giving you trouble. You're right, Search in 1Password 8 (even the full search) doesn't search field titles (field contents are searched, but not the title).

I'd be happy to file an issue to see about getting field titles added to the list of searchable content per item, but I'm hoping you can help me with some background for the issue.

When we built search into 1Password 8 we enumerated the list of things users would want to search for: Titles, field values, urls, notes, etc. The thinking on the development team was that field titles were often generic which reduced their usefulness in a Search context. However we understand that our customers use 1Password in ways we've never dreamed of! That's where you come in; I would love to get an idea from you about how you use field titles and how adding them to Search would make using 1Password even better.

The more we understand about our customers and the way they use the app, the better we can make 1Password for everyone!

Thanks 💜

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

In this particular case, I had added a Section titled "Passport" to an Identity. In that Section, I had added three Fields - "#", "Expires", and "Global Entry #". That's the "Global" I was searching for.

This discussion has been closed.