[Safari extension] There is no application set to open the URL onepassword://activate.

Options
Santiago10
Santiago10
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi. I installed the Safari extension on a new Mac running Big Sur through the App Store and I get this message every time I open Safari and every time I click the 1Password Icon:

"There is no application set to open the URL onepassword://activate." "Search the App Store for an application that can open this document, or choose an existing application on your computer"

I've already tried uninstalling and installing again and nothing changed. I didn't install the desktop version, only the extension.

I couldn't find any topic mentioning the same problem and although I can close the message and use the extension, it gets really annoying.

Is were any way to fix this?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 11.6.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Santiago10

Could you please confirm which version of 1Password for Mac you have installed? The 1Password for Safari extension that is available on the App Store is for 1Password 8 for Mac (currently in Early Access). The Safari extension for 1Password 7 is baked into the v7 app itself, no separate download required.

If you're using 1Password 7 please uninstall the 1Password for Safari extension for now and instead enable the included extension in Safari > Preferences > Extensions.

Ben

• Santiago10
    Santiago10
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben, thanks for your answer.

I haven't installed any of the desktop apps on this machine, only the 1Password for Safari. The description on the App Store says "You can now use 1Password in Safari without installing the desktop app!", so I thought it would work fine. The extension version is 2.1.4

Isn't that possible yet? Should I install the desktop app to stop getting that message?

Thanks!

• Santiago10
    Santiago10
    Community Member
    Options

I could solve this so here's an update. I found someone with the same issue on the 1Password's subreddit and Matthew_1P suggested to disabled "Integrate with 1Password app" in the settings of the extension. It worked!

Thanks Ben, Matthew and the 1Password team!

• Glad to hear we were able to get it sorted for you @Santiago10! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.