New family account not syncing to other devices.

Options
toniandrews
toniandrews
Community Member

On my work computer today, I opened a family account (it came free with my business account). I set it up, then used to create new passwords for my bank and email accounts. Then, I downloaded the app on my iphone, used the QR code to connect my account, and changed my settings to allow autofill from 1Password.

Now I am unable to open either my bank or email accounts on my iphone. When I open the 1Password app on my iPhone, neither the bank or email credentials appear. When I try to access my bank or email accounts from my phone, neither one can find 1Password credentials.

I went home and installed the 1Password on my Mac, and also installed the extension on my Chrome browser. I am able to sign into my new account on both, but neither shows the bank or email credentials. I can't open my bank or email accounts.

I thought that if I signed in from a new device, using the key and the password from my original account, that the information would be there.

What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@toniandrews:

When I open the 1Password app on my iPhone, neither the bank or email credentials appear. When I try to access my bank or email accounts from my phone, neither one can find 1Password credentials.

Which account have you added to these devices, your Business account or your Families account? I would start by checking which one of the two you actually added, and where you stored your bank passwords exactly: you might be logged into your Families account after saving your bank credentials in your Business account, for example.

• toniandrews
    toniandrews
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I don't think so, but it's possible! When I get to the office this morning, I will check. That would be a relief...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Let us know what you find out @toniandrews :+1:

• toniandrews
    toniandrews
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, you called it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana