How do I stop 1password from popping up, trying to get me to log in?

tented
tented
Community Member

1Password keeps popping up at the bottom of the screen on my iPad, trying to get me to log in to a certain site I’m already logged into. I’ve only experienced this issue with this one domain. It’s a site where I have three different usernames/passwords, so sometimes it tries to get me to login with a different username, but sometimes it tries to get me to login with the username I’m already logged in with. I tried deleting the URL from two of the three saved logins, hoping that would prevent it from popping up, but it keeps doing it.

I’ve deleted metadata for the site, turned off my iPad, turned it back on, but that didn’t help.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tented:

but sometimes it tries to get me to login with the username I’m already logged in with.

1Password should only suggest logins on pages where there is a login form. Is there one on the page where this is happening to you?

I tried deleting the URL from two of the three saved logins, hoping that would prevent it from popping up, but it keeps doing it.

You might just have to give Autofill a refresh for the update to show up, after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

• tented
    tented
    Community Member

No, there’s no login form, which is also why it has confused me as to why it keeps trying to do this.

Should there be websites listed on the Password AutoFill page in Settings? I do have both options turned on within that section, but I don’t see a list of relevant sites.

The problem persists. After thinking about it some more, I think the issue is stemming from the curser automatically moving to a field in which information can be entered, but it’s not a login form. Maybe 1password is mistaking it for one?

Here’s the page, but I’m not sure if you’ll be able to access it without being a member:

https://www.tennisfrontier.com/members/list/

Here’s a screenshot if you can’t. The curser is automatically put in the “Find Member” box as soon as the page is opened. I think that may be the issue.

Thanks for the reply!

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

@tented I do not speak for the AB team, but that screenshot is showing the iOS autofill feature. 1Password integrates with this feature, but it doesn't provide the logic for when it shows up. That is handled by iOS. You would need to make your report to Apple, as this would happen with any password manager that uses autofill, including Apple's own iCloud Keychain. https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/
    There are probably changes the web developer for this site could make to improve the situation as well.

• tented
    tented
    Community Member

@soshiito Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

My pleasure.

• Hey @tented, as @soshiito mentioned, the logic of when Password AutoFill is visible is controlled by iOS and not by 1Password.

Thanks for the assist! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.