Option to disable item sharing

This discussion was created from comments split from: New early access update is now available.

Comments

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member

@Ben Can the sharing feature be turned off for business customers? We may want to keep this off until we've done a risk review.

• @lspeterman,

The new item sharing feature is tied to the Copy and Share Items permission when using 1Password Business. With 1Password Teams, it's tied to the Allow Editing permission.

Removing the applicable permission will revoke a user or group's access to the new sharing feature within a particular shared vault and help accomplish your goal. There isn't currently a way to remove this functionality from the account-level, but I'll be happy to pass on your feedback to our development team for consideration. This functionality is still pretty new and the team is always looking to gather constructive feedback to improve it going forward.

If interested, you can read more about permissions in 1Password Business in the support article below:

Manage permissions in 1Password Business

• lspeterman
    lspeterman
    Community Member

Thanks Max. Yeah, we'd like to prevent it at the private vault level as well.

• @lspeterman,

I appreciate the feedback. I've gone ahead and added this to an existing entry in our database. This will ensure our developers are able to review everything on the subject and use it improve future iterations of the item sharing feature.

ref: dev/b5/b5#14095

This discussion has been closed.