Password change history is hidden

jasimon9
jasimon9
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Mac

Since your recent interface redesign, I cannot find where you have hidden the password change history. Where is it?

If I view a login, click in the password field, it changes the password. I have no idea now which password it should be. And there is no history with dates that I can find to help me recover.

1P used to just work. Now I find it very difficult to do simple things.

Changing passwords used to just work. Now it normally takes many steps involving messing up the password and having to do a password reset. Your new UI design is much harder to work with than it used to be. I am sure your designers and developers aren't happy to get such input, but 1P used to just work, and now it barely works.

Using 1P used to save me a lot of time. Now it costs me a lot of time. ;-(

I am at this moment, losing access to websites, and cannot get access. I have to stop using 1P and just work manually with websites, as 1P keeps failing.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jasimon9!

Since your recent interface redesign, I cannot find where you have hidden the password change history. Where is it?

Here is a screenshot for you:

Now it normally takes many steps involving messing up the password and having to do a password reset.

Can you tell us the steps that you are following to change a password?

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

It is inconsistent. Many times for a login where I have a long history, the "View Password History" option is not on the pulldown.

• @jasimon9

My apologies but I'm not sure I follow. ☹️ Based on that screenshot it doesn't appear there is any password history on that item. What makes you say there is a long history? Where are you seeing that?

Ben

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I have had the account for many years and have changed it over the years. I could find more examples if that would help. It is as it all the history has been erased for many logins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jasimon9:

Can you try checking in the 1Password for Mac app rather than in the browser extension?

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

Checking the same login in 1P does have the drop down for show password history. So is this a feature, that the app leaves something out?

The old interface was fine for me. Was used to it. The new interface naturally takes some getting used to. But so far it is just harder to use.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited November 2021

At the moment the browser extension doesn't have the UI necessary for viewing password history. If that becomes a common use case we can certainly look at adding it. :+1:

Ben

ref: dev/core/core#11394

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

Ok, so long as I know the usage patterns needed. I thought it used to have the history, but perhaps not.

• Understood; thanks @jasimon9. Is reviewing the password history on items something you find yourself doing frequently? If so would you mind sharing what the purpose for that is? Under what circumstances is that information helpful?

Ben

• jasimon9
    jasimon9
    Community Member

Password review not that frequent. Typical use is when I am having trouble changing a password, and I want see what 1P has. This is explained in detail in https://1password.community/discussion/comment/619697, which is an ongoing issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood, thank you for the clarification :+1:

This discussion has been closed.