Mixing login info-using my wife's secret key with my email and password.

rlgleason51
rlgleason51
Community Member

macOS 12.0.1. 1p 7.9.1

I just logged into my 1p account (my.1p.com) using the login from 1p mac app. (I was trying to find out how to get 1p v8). However when I did, I found that while it filled the feds with my email and password, it used my wife's secret key.

This may be related to a post I submitted on the iOS topic of my password being entered into the userid field.

Comments

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

@rlgleason51 Did it fill your wife's secret key, or was that already filled in? If you use https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new instead of any other URL you will always get a blank form instead of a pre-filled one. You and your wife may wish to consider using separate browser profiles, or separate macOS user accounts if you are using Safari which does not support profiles, so as to avoid mingling your logins. As far as I am aware Safari is the last holdout of the major browsers. Unsure what their delay is.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

We have separate logins saved in 1p. I went to the site which had blank fields. I selected my record from 1p and it correctly filled my email and password but inserted my wife's secret key.

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

Does that same thing happen if you try again now using https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new? If so it sounds like you have the wrong secret key saved on your login item.

• Hi @rlgleason51:

As @soshiito mentioned (thanks for the assist! :smile:), it sounds like 1Password may have saved your wife's Secret Key instead. Just to check, if you expand "View Saved Form Details" on your 1Password account item, do you see your correct Secret Key under account-key, or the one that belongs to your wife?

If it has an incorrect Secret Key, editing the item and correcting the entry with your accurate Secret Key should fix this up for you. Let me know how it goes!

Jack

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

Okay. The form detail shows the incorrect key. Any idea how this happened?

• soshiito
    soshiito
    Community Member

My pleasure @jack.platten. @rlgleason51 If you saved the login item while viewing the pre-filled form this could happen. That's the only way I see it happening without more info.

• Hey @rlgleason51:

While I can't speak specifically as to how this would have happened, @soshiito touched on one possible way it could have happened. Were you able to edit that field with the proper Secret Key?

Jack

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member

Yes, I was.

Thanks to all who solved my problem. Now if someone could answer my iOS issue (lol).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thanks to all who solved my problem.

On behalf of Jack and soshiito, you are very welcome @rlgleason51!

Now if someone could answer my iOS issue (lol).

Which iOS issue?

This discussion has been closed.