CMD+\ not working

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Chrome autofill not working.

Comments

• richeames
    richeames
    Community Member
    Options

Unable to use Fill Login or Show 1Password standard shortcut key Command + Backslash, I can change it to something different like Command + Forward Slash but I want the standard shortcut back and when I do try to add 1Password alert shows Command + Backslash is a System wide keyboard Shortcut
    I have a screenshot of the error but I cannot upload it
    This is happening in Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 / Safari Version 15.1 Monterey 12.0.1

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @richeames ,

Where are you trying to change the keyboard shortcut? In the 1Password 7 desktop app's preferences?
    You can upload screenshots here, simply click the little image icon above the text box where you type your reply to attach a screenshot, just make sure not to reveal any personal information in the screenshot as it is a public forum.

• richeames
    richeames
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

I don't want to change it but yes I use the 1Password Preference Window, under General. When I use the standard Command + \ it will not add a password, if I change it to Command + / I can use 1Password,
    I don't want that I want the standard shortcut. When I go to add the original Command + \ 1Password gives me the warning

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the screenshot @richeames ,

As the error states, this shortcut is being used by your operating system for something else. You can find out what/where in the system preferences:

1. Click the Apple logo on the top left corner of your computer's screen and select "System Preferences".
    2. Locate and select the "Keyboard" option.
    3. In the keyboard's preferences, select the "Shortcuts" tab and go over the list of shortcuts there. See if CMD+\ is being used by another function. If it is, change the shortcut there to something else to free it up for 1Password, then go to 1Password's settings and apply CMD+\ there.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@richeames:

You can also read more information about this behavior in this forum discussion.

This discussion has been closed.