Vault selection not saved

Hello,

the one thing that bugs me most about 1P in the browser is the fact, that my vault selection is not permanently saved. I am on a Family account and we share a lot of vaults, however, only my personal one is relevant for filling passwords. So because my selection resets a lot (not sure if it is because I closed my browser or restarted my PC) this is a constant annoyance.

Is this the intended behavior or am I experience a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021

Hey @fgrau ,

The view selection of vaults is intended to be reset back to "All Vaults" view when you quit the browser, to prevent situations where less savvy users select a specific vault, and then on the next day they can't figure out where did all of their logins disappear.

If you'd like to have only a specific vault active in the vast majority of time, I suggest you do that from within the extension's settings page:

1. Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Settings".
    2. In the settings tab that opens, scroll all the way down to the Accounts and Vaults section.
    3. Turn off all irrelevant accounts/vaults.

That'll prevent 1Password from showing the contents of the vaults you turn off in the "All Vaults" view and will also not suggest autofilling from these vaults until you turn them back on in the settings page.

I hope you'll find this helpful :)

• fgrau
    fgrau
    Community Member

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. This is a neat hack I was not aware of.

Coming from 1Password 7 for Mac and 1Password Mini I have to admit that I still prefer how vault handling was done there: My selection is saved + I could switch between vaults with shortcuts.

Is 1Password Mini going to stick around with 1Password 8 (on Macs at least) or will everything be moved to the new 1Password X?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @fgrau ,
    It's not exactly a hack, it's how the extension was designed and intended to work :)

In 1Password 8 you now have a feature called Quick Access. Mini is no more, but they function somewhat similarly. Quick Access is very powerful and will allow you to find anything and everything you need very fast. It will also allow you to open and fill, or open the item in 1Password 8, edit it etc.

If you'd like to take it for a spin and see how it works, feel free to install 1Password 8 beta: https://1password.community/discussion/122136

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

The view selection of vaults is intended to be reset back to "All Vaults" view when you quit the browser, to prevent situations where less savvy users select a specific vault, and then on the next day they can't figure out where did all of their logins disappear.

I experience this issue too and am disappointed that AgileBits chose to dumb down 1Password, making it a daily annoyance.

Can you please reconsider?

I would be fine with configuration using the defaults command (so only for expert users):

https://macos-defaults.com

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for chiming in @XIII .
    I'll forward your feedback to the team :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#570

This discussion has been closed.