Has the feature for password update detection been removed?

Options
yspreen
yspreen
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

It sometimes happens to me that I changed emails or passwords for an account outside 1pw, and login fails with the pre-filled credentials. In that case, I change the field that's out of date and click the login button in my browser. iirc, 1pw 7 would prompt me to update the closest matching account in 1pw. the 8 early access definitely doesn't do that (anymore).

Is this on the roadmap?

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macos 12.0

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @yspreen ,

The feature you're referring to is called Autosave, and it was not added to 1Password in the browser (but still exist in the old 1Password classic extension).
    We have an open feature request to add it to 1Password in the browser but I don't have an ETA on that. I'll add your voice there.

For now, there are two ways for you to save/update your logins with new info:

• When you type in the new credentials in the webpage, click the "Save in 1Password" button that shows up under the field before you send the form.

OR

• Right-click the 1Password extension icon in your browser's toolbar and select "Save Login" to trigger the save prompt on demand.

I hope you'll find this helpful for now :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#272

• yspreen
    yspreen
    Community Member
    Options

thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome :+1:

This discussion has been closed.