Linux "Quick Access" window opens behind other windows

Options
cristianrgreco
cristianrgreco
Community Member

Hi, firstly thank you for making such an amazing product, and for adding Linux support!

Since the latest update (sorry, I cannot remember the version I upgraded from), the Quick access window which I open with Ctrl+Shift+Space opens behind other windows, so when I type a login I cannot see the results, please see the screenshot attached.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

Thanks,
Cristian

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 80400045
OS Version: Ubuntu 9.3.0-17

Comments

• mcdoogs
    mcdoogs
    Community Member
    Options

I just updated to 8.4.0 today, and noticed the mention of a 'quick access' function in the update notes, and tried it out for the first time (so I don't know if this just broke or if it's always been broken) - but it also draws under all other windows for me. I tried setting a desktop rule for windows of class '1password' to draw on top, but that also made the regular vault window draw over everything else, which was not ideal. I then added a rule to match the window title to an empty regex string (since the quick access has no window title, but the other 1password windows do) and now the quick access window draws correctly without affecting anything else.
    If you're running KDE, you can set it via the GUI under 'Window Management -> Window Rules -> Add New...' or add the following to ~/.config/kwinrulesrc:
    Description=1password quick access draw above above=true aboverule=2 title=^(?![\\s\\S]) titlematch=3 wmclass=1password wmclassmatch=1

I'm running Arch kernel 5.14.16, Plasma 5.23.3/Kwin desktop

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi @cristianrgreco and @mcdoogs, thanks for letting us know about this. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my Ubuntu or Arch-based setups, but you've provided clear evidence of it here (and thank you for that!).

Our team also appreciates the time you've put in on this workaround, @mcdoogs. I'll be passing this along to our developers along with the reports of window-drawing issue you've mentioned.

Many thanks from the 1Password team!

ref: dev/core/core#11506

• cristianrgreco
    cristianrgreco
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @mcdoogs

• Hey again folks, looks like a fix for this issue has made it into the 8.5.0-10 BETA release and 8.5.0-9 NIGHTLY release. If you're interested, feel free to update on one of these channels and let us know if the issue persists! 😀

This discussion has been closed.