Stuck in sign in "Adding your account"

tobeon
tobeon
Community Member

I am trying to sign in to the 1Password 8 windows beta, but I am getting stuck on the "Adding your account. This may take a minute." screen.

The 1Password 7 stable version is running fine, no issues there. Anything suggestions on what I can try? Or is there any log files or anything I should provide to help with the beta feedback?

Thanks

Tom

1Password Version: 8.1.2.72112
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home - Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Itivu
    Itivu
    Community Member

Same issue here

• @Naxterra is correct here - we've heard from customers who are experiencing similar issues with security keys when signing into 1Password 8 Early Access.

For now, here's how you can remove your security keys:

1. Sign into https://my.1password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and select My Profile.
    3. Click More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication > Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication
    4. Then enter your Account Password to complete the process.

Once this is done, try to log into 1Password normally to verify that you're able to access your account on that device. After that, you should be able to turn 2FA back on (and use your security keys as the two-factor method), and it will work properly.

If you have any further issues, email us at support@1Password.com and we'll help you out!

• Itivu
    Itivu
    Community Member

It works but after adding 2FA back it no longer syncs new items

• raffavbr
    raffavbr
    Community Member

Yes, I can confirm @Itivu said if you enable 2FA back you can't sync any new itens, back and forth
    this need to be fix ASAP

• tobeon
    tobeon
    Community Member

Thanks for the quick reply @PeterG_1P but if what @Itivu and @raffavbr say is correct I will hold off making changes on my account until that issue is resolved in the beta (then I'll be happy to test the fix and give feedback!)

Resetting 2FA means having to update my 2FA keys and backup codes etc etc which I'll do if I need to but I don't want to have to do that multiple times if there's still a syncing issue to resolve.

• Thanks folks for letting us know about what you've found with the item sync after re-enabling 2FA. I've let the dev team know!

@tobeon: We respect that decision! And a fix for this issue is in the works. Thanks for being patient with us as we rectify this. 👍

• Itivu
    Itivu
    Community Member

Has this been fixed?

• Hi @ltivu, thanks for checking in. I'll look into this for you and let you know what I find. More to come!

• PeterG_1P
    edited September 2021

Hi @ltivu, our team would love to investigate this further. Can you send us a quick message at support+windows@1Password.com? That way we'll be able to dig into this more in-depth than we can in a public forum. If you can include a link to this conversation in that message, that'll help us to things get off and running with the troubleshooting!

• Itivu
    Itivu
    Community Member

Is there any more to say? Last time we tried it, we got stuck on "adding your account." part. After disabling security key, the app worked but after reenabling 2FA it won't sync. What else is there to say?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Itivu:

Understood, we certainly understand. I would imagine the devs were thinking about looking into some logs with you, so you don't share them on a public forum, but I can't speak for them. If you change your mind and would like to accept Peter's invitation, you are always welcome to do so. Thank you!

• Ben_IMCS
    Ben_IMCS
    Community Member

This issue is still present in the live version that was released yesterday. I still can't sign in on the 1Password 8 for Windows app at all due to 2FA.

I am a little shocked, to be honest. To me, this is a pretty big caveat and needs to be made clear to your customers as someone could easily update the app for their entire company only to find that none of them can login or sync their passwords. 2FA, especially for an enterprise password manager, is standard nowadays. If a password manager cannot successfully support 2FA, it should should have a very large disclaimer on it.

Do you have any ETA on a resolution for this issue? Thanks!

• En1
    En1
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

We use Duo MFA in front of 1Password and I have tried upgrading to 8 on my home and work PC today without luck.

The process is:

1. I download it and It installs and then asks me to log in to my user as normal
    2. It takes me to the web login
    3. I then log in to my user with the email, secret key and password -
    4. the 1Password application will spin around while attempting to log me in
    5. It errors out after some minutes

1Password 8 does not seem ready for enterprise release?

• Hi folks, just want to let you know that this is an area our developers are actively working to address and we'll be updating when we have something for you. We'll move as fast as we can!

• En1
    En1
    Community Member

The Duo issue is fixed in UPDATED TO 8.5.0-57 ON DECEMBER 20 2021 - https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/

• Thank you for this @En1 - and for anyone who comes upon this thread, this is correct! The issue is fixed as of the 8.5.0-57 Beta update. So if you have an earlier Beta version of 1Password 8, and are running into trouble with Duo MFA, consider updating to a more recent version and let us know if that did the trick for you. 👍

This discussion has been closed.