Browser extension 'Open with shortcut'

Options

I just upgrade to v8, and switched from the classic browser extension to the 'regular' extension (in Firefox), and I'd like to maintain the same workflow I've had with the v7/classic setup.

In v7 there's an shortcut to "Fill Login or Show 1Password" but that option doesn't seem to exist in v8, instead it seems to be split into two separate shortcuts across the app and browser extension. Are there any plans to add this kind of hybrid shortcut option v8 at any point?

Also in the (non-classic) browser extension, is it possible to set the "Open with shortcut" to 'ctrl + \'? I've tried to set this as the shortcut but the shortcut field doesn't want to accept '\' or most other special characters, with no error shown

Comments

• Hey @crsohara:

Glad to hear you're giving 1Password 8 a try! :smile: The Open With extension you're referring to is to open the entire 1Password in your browser pop-up. Browsers restrict what keys can be used as shortcuts, so the 1Password app helps out 1Password in your browser by listening for Ctrl+\ (the Fill in Browser shortcut you mentioned). If you only have a single Login item for a site, using that shortcut when on that will fill in the Login item you have saved. If you have multiple login items, pressing Ctrl+\ will instead show all available Login items for the site you're on.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.