MFA QR Code Scanner Greyed out in Mac OS Monterey

calicyclist
calicyclist
Community Member

When trying to use the QR code scanner on my mac it is greyed out. I found another post on here about requiring to change security preferences to allow screen recording. 1Password didn't seem to be asking for this as it wasn't listed in the screen recording setting of the privacy and security settings, but I manually added it anyway. Even after full reboot I am still seeing the exact same behavior. What else can I look at to try and resolve this?

1Password Version: 7.9.1 (70901006)
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: MacOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @calicyclist!

Is this happening with the 1Password app downloaded from the Mac App Store or from our website?

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

The about page shows it's from the Mac App store. Do you think reinstalling with version from website will correct this?

• Hey @calicyclist,

Using the version from our website should allow you to use the QR code scanner. Let us know if you run into any trouble along the way!

Jack

• calicyclist
    calicyclist
    Community Member

Yah that appears to have fixed it. Quite strange. What is the difference between the app store version and the one from your website?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@calicyclist:

Some months ago, Apple removed the feature that allowed us to scan QR codes in the Mac App Store version, I think for security reasons. So only apps offered outside of the Mac App Store can do this now.

This discussion has been closed.