Question about 1Password 7

This discussion was created from comments split from: Standalone vaults in 1Password 8.

Comments

• rogm
    rogm
    Community Member

My original question for some reason has not got published, so I'm reposting and asking again here:

After considering the pros and cons I came to the conclusion, that I don't want to upgrade to 1Password 8 and, as long as it's technically possible, would like to stay on version 7.x.x. At least until I find a different solution to manage my passwords.

I currently have three local vaults which I occassionally sync over Wifi from my Mac to my iPhone and iPad. I also use the (legacy) Firefox Add-On to access my passwords. On iPhone and iPad I use the password fill-in feature (not the new extension). I am now worreid that my setup will suddenly stop working once 1Password 8 is released on Mac and on iOS. I would therefore appreciate if you could explain what your plans are for license holders of 1Password 7 and how we can continue using the old version.

Thank you!

• rogm
    rogm
    Community Member

Just noticed this is the windows section. Sorry for posting this here.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited November 2021

Hey @rogm:

I've split your conversation off into a new thread in the Mac section for you. :smile:

1Password 8 for both Mac and iOS is an entirely separate download, and 1Password 7 will not automatically update to 1Password 8 on either operating system.

Jack

• rogm
    rogm
    Community Member

@jack.platten

Thank you for explaining how the transition will happen.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome @rogm! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.