1password doesn't work and crashes as soon as I open it.

Options
bridges
bridges
Community Member

Device: HUAWEI Mate40

Hi all,

After updating my phone to the latest system, I was unable to open the app, Whenever I open the app, it immediately crashes. But in the previous version of HarmonyOS 2.0.0.168, the app worked fine. The phone could not open the app, so I had to use the web to find the password during this time, but the experience was very bad.

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: HarmonyOS 2.0.0.209

Comments

• Hi @bridges:

I'm sorry you're running into trouble, and I'd be happy to help you get it up and running. Just to confirm, did you install 1Password for Android from Google Play originally?

Jack

• bridges
    bridges
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

Hi Jack,

No, because Huawei phones are banned from using GMS, so I downloaded it from a third-party app store(APKPure).

• Hi @bridges,

Thanks for confirming for me. If you're able to unlock 1Password before it crashes, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

If you aren't able to unlock 1Password prior to it crashing: If all of your 1Password data on 1Password.com is up to date, please uninstall 1Password from your phone and reinstall it and see if that helps. Thanks again!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.