Feature Request: browser profile specific default login

l0n3
l0n3
Community Member

I often have several different logins for the same site depending on which hat I'm wearing. I also use different Chrome or Brave browser profiles for those different hats. 1Password would work more smoothly for me if the default login it chose for a site would be specific to the chrome profile I'm using.

For example, I have email addresses with both Client A and Client B, as well as Chrome profiles for each of those email addresses.

Both clients have given me access to Heroku to manage deploying work. Heroku logs you out after a brief period, so I am logging in frequently. When I am in my browser profile for Client A, 1Password autofills l0n3@client-a.org which is great. However, when I'm doing a lot of work for Client B, and using Chrome in my Client B profile, 1Password autofills l0n3@client-a.org when what I want is to log in l0n3@client-b.com, so when I hit cmd-\ and unlock 1Password, I then need to go up to the plugin icon and select a different login to use. It's just a minor disruption to the workflow, requiring using the mouse and sometimes I forget to do it and have to log out and start again.

It would be very convenient if the most frequently used login by browser profile would be used as the default for a particular site.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.1 (70901007)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2 (20G95)

Comments

• Hi @l0n3:

I can definitely see how that would be handy. We currently have an existing feature request for this, so I'll add your input to it!

As a workaround for now, are you able to separate the items for Client A and Client B into separate vaults? By making use of different vaults and choosing which vaults are included in All Vaults in each browser profile, you could choose which items are visible in the autofill dropdown. To configure which vaults are included in All Vaults, right click the 1Password icon in your browser, select Settings, then choose the vaults you'd like to show in All Vaults.

Jack

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#1000

• l0n3
    l0n3
    Community Member

Thanks Jack,

That sounds like it would mostly cover my use case quite well. Now I just have to figure out how to access that setting...

Currently the extension's context menu has a disabled "Options" item.

The places to set the selected vaults I can find appear to be universal (acting on the native app, not the extension)

• @l0n3:

I see where we've gotten mixed up, I do apologize. The ability to configure All Vaults is in the newer 1Password in the browser extension, not our good old 1Password Classic extension. Let me know if you run into any trouble with getting set up with 1Password in your browser!

Jack

• l0n3
    l0n3
    Community Member

Ahh, I have now installed the beta extension and see that functionality. I don't have a separate vault for all my clients, but this will solve my problem a good chunk of the time. So, feature request still stands, but you have helped me a good bit, thank you!

• l0n3
    l0n3
    Community Member

(I followed the link and found the new extension that is not labelled beta, and will use that)

• Hi @l0n3:

Glad to hear that worked for you, if you run into anything in the future, don't hesitate to get in touch!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.