1Password Helper not working

Options
bkonicek87
bkonicek87
Community Member

On both my work computer and personal computer, since updating to 1Password 8, I've observed that the Chrome extension can no longer find the 1Password Helper, so the extension does not work at all. Restarting my computer does not fix this.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• bkonicek87
    bkonicek87
    Community Member
    Options

Edit: Ignore this, I didn't realize there was a new extension for 1Password 8 since it looked the same as the old one. I installed it and it is working again.

• Hey @bkonicek87 , that's great news. It's excellent to hear that your updated setup is working properly. Of course, if you do encounter any further issues, or just have questions about anything 1Password-related, feel free to let us know and we'll be here to help. We hope you enjoy the app! 😃

• nonsenselogic75
    nonsenselogic75
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    To follow up on this discussion: I recently set up a new computer with 1Password 8. My prior computer was using 1Password 7.9.828.

Will this extension no longer work for 1Password 8?
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

I have it installed on my new computer and when I try to use it, I get the 'Looking for the 1Password helper' message.
    Thanks

• nonsenselogic75
    nonsenselogic75
    Community Member
    Options

Hello,
    To follow up on this discussion: I recently set up a new computer with 1Password 8. My prior computer was using 1Password 7.9.828.

Will this extension no longer work for 1Password 8?
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

I have it installed on my new computer and when I try to use it, I get the 'Looking for the 1Password helper' message.
    Thanks

• Hi @nonsenselogic75:

Yes, that's correct, 1Password 8 only supports the newer 1Password in the browser extension, available here: Get started with 1Password in your browser

After verifying that everything is working as intended with our newer extension, you can remove the classic extension by following these steps:

1. Click the Chrome menu in the toolbar and choose More Tools > Extensions.
    2. Find 1Password extension (desktop app required) and click Remove.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.