Browser extensions not syncing unlocked status with desktop app

I'm using the Windows desktop app v7.9.828 and v2.1.4 of Firefox and Chrome apps.

In the recent past, the browser extensions have stopped syncing their unlocked status withthe desktop app; I now need to unlock each extension in the browser when I first load it even if the desktop app is already unlocked. I have "Integrate with 1password app" enabled in both browsers. I see this on two other PCs I have.

Were the browser apps changed to not sync their lock/unlock status with the desktop app anymore?

TIA

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pinoybear!

If you have the Integrate with 1Password setting enabled, the lock state should be synced. If you turn that setting off and on again once, is the connection established again?

• pinoybear
    pinoybear
    Community Member

Hi ana, no it's not and it is being inconsistent because yesterday I wasn't have the issue all the time.

Just now, I woke up my Win11 laptop from sleep and unlocked 1pasword with Windows Hello (fingerprint). I launched Firefox and the 1Password addon was still locked and I had to use my master password.

I restarted my laptop and the it happened again: unlocked the desktop app, but the firefox and Chrome addon are locked requiring my master password.

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinoybear:

Can you please send us some logs so we can take a closer look for you?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• pinoybear
    pinoybear
    Community Member

I opened ticket #SIX-72931-727

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pinoybear:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: I see that you are already in touch with my colleagues via email, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :)

ref: SIX-72931-727

• timrefw
    timrefw
    Community Member

I've been having this problem on multiple computers for at least the last month or so. V8 too.

• puchika
    puchika
    Community Member

The problem went away for me when I manually upgraded to v8.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

1Password 8 should resolve these issues. If you're still having these problems, please email us to support+x@1password.com and send us the following:

This discussion has been closed.