To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have my Secret Key and Emergency Kit WITHOUT having set a master password.

rswc90
rswc90
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Memberships

I have my Secret Key and Emergency Kit WITHOUT having set a master password. I set the account up originally 2 years ago and never even downloaded 1PW until today. I have no memory of any master password. I DO have the Secret key and I am caught in a loop because I cannot log in because I don't have a master key. I have a QR code from the ER kit, but it says I need a master password. I emailed 1PW but have not heard back about what to do. I tried recreating a new account but it won't let me! Any thoughts? This is

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:initial login - lost password but have master key

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rswc90:

In order to set up an account, you must enter a Master Password too, or else the system does not allow you to download an Emergency Kit. So since you do have an Emergency Kit stored, you also chose a password for this account. It sounds like you just did not write your Master Password in your Emergency Kit.

For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families or Business accounts. If you have an Individual account or a standalone license, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

If, on the other hand, you are part of a Families or Business account, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member

Thx. Makes sense. The acct was never used. Just bought and set up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rswc90:

We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member

Thx. We did several times yesterday. Didn’t get a response. I am helping a friend so we wrote to you from that email. I was hoping to get something … looks like we need a new account set up.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021

@rswc90:

We did several times yesterday. Didn’t get a response.

Ok, I can let you continue the conversation over there then, so we don't duplicate answers in multiple places. If you want to share the ticket number with us, we can take a look and ask for an update for you :+1:

looks like we need a new account set up.

Yes, it looks like it if you don't have the credentials anymore.

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member

We are setting up a new account. We NEVER heard back from them after they asked for more details, which we gave them. The account was JUST renewed (and never used). We will set up a new account and pay again, but are hoping that we might get a refund on the canceled account. We will send details via the website. But if no one is responding, we will posy back here. Thanks for your response!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rswc90:

Can you please share the ticket number of your email conversation with our support colleagues?

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member

They received both these today. We hope you can cancel and refund (because there was a new account set up 2 days ago) the original one that has not ever been used.

RJY-91959-723

RJC-31778-383

Thanks so much for your assistance on this!

• Hi @rswc90,

Thanks for your Support ID numbers. We've most recently reached out in both of those conversations 21 hours ago as of this reply. Since we're unable to discuss specifics about accounts in public to protect your privacy, to move forward, we will need you to reply to our messages so we can take a closer look at the situation. Thanks!

Jack

ref: RJY-91959-723
    ref: RJC-31778-383

• rswc90
    rswc90
    Community Member

Finally got it all squared away! I just wanted to post here so that readers know that things got taken care of from your end! Thanks so much!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @rswc90, I am glad to hear this :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.