How to configure a single sign-in for two accounts?

Options

I have a personal account and a company account, and in 1Password7 when I signed into either it would log me into both. With the beta I have to sign in individually, is it possible to config the old way?

1Password Version: Beta 80400053
Extension Version: 8.4.0
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• Hi @modkat:

With 1Password 8, entering an account password will now unlock any accounts that use the same account password, rather than the first account to be added unlocking all accounts. We generally recommend using the same account password across any accounts you may have.

Jeffrey, our Principal Security Architect, and Roustem, one of our founders elaborate a bit more on why this changed here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608291/#Comment_608291

Jack

• modkat
    modkat
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the prompt reply! That seams counter intuitive for a security feature, but it works. Thanks for your help and keep up the great work. 1Password has truly changed how I compute, and there's no going back!

• Hey @modkat:

It seems counterintuitive, but your account password isn't used in the same way as a password is most other places. As Roustem mentions there, your account password and Secret Key are combined to derive your encryption and authentication keys for an account. No form of your password, hashed or otherwise, ever leaves your devices. Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password, thanks for the kind words! :smile:

Jack

This discussion has been closed.