Other Chrome extensions known to prevent display of 1Password icon?

derecognize
derecognize
Community Member

Are there other Chrome extensions known to prevent the display of 1Password icon in login forms?

I'm a long-time LastPass user excited to try out 1Password...but I think one of my other many extensions might be preventing the display of the 1Password icon in Chrome on Mac

The icon displays in Safari and when I use a Chrome Profile that has minimal extensions, as in this screenshot

But in my main Chrome profile, with lots of extensions, I don't get anything, as in this screenshot

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

• making sure that LastPass not enabled (LastPass has a similar icon, and it displayed fine)
  • deleting all Chrome passwords and making sure the Chrome Password manager wasn't enabled
  • restarting Mac

All of this makes me think that another extension is preventing the display of the 1Password icon. Is there a list of popular extensions that are known to be incompatible with 1Password?

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Hi @derecognize:

I'm sorry you're running into this. We don't have a list of popular extensions that would be causing this. What we can suggest is starting with a fresh Chrome profile, and then installing all your extensions one at a time until you are able to locate the extension that is causing issues. Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• derecognize
    derecognize
    Community Member

@jack.platten Seems like conflicting extension is not the issue, as I turned them all off except 1Password, restarted Chrome, and still don't get the 1Password icon. Other parts of the 1Password extension work though, as I was able to autofill with the keyboard shortcut.

What else could be causing the issue?

• derecognize
    derecognize
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

Update: I reset my settings in Google Chrome, re-enabled 1Password as the only extension, but still have the issue

• Hi @derecognize:

Thanks for letting me know that that didn't seem to work. Just to rule everything out, I'd like you to try two more things to rule out a few other potential issues:

First, uninstall 1Password in the browser in this profile, restart Chrome, and then reinstall 1Password in the browser. If the 1Password icon appears in form fields again you should be all set. If that doesn't work, it's possible your Chrome profile may be corrupt somehow. Create a new Chrome profile by clicking your profile picture in Chrome's toolbar, then selecting Add. After creating your new profile, install 1Password in the browser here and see if it shows up properly. If it does, reinstall all your extensions one by one and see if 1Password in the browser disappears during the reinstallation of your other extensions. Thanks!

Jack

• derecognize
    derecognize
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

@jack.platten
    Uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling worked, thanks!

• Awesome, glad to hear it @derecognize! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.