Where is the desktop icon for version 8.4.0?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

I just installed 8.4.0 on a Windows 10 machine and cannot find a desktop icon to copy to the desktop. System tray doesn't do it for me. Thanks.

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited November 2021

Hello @Peter_Wang!

You can indeed find 1Password in the system tray, as well as in the Start Menu, at the very top of the list.

If you'd like, you can pin it to your task bar by right-clicking the 1Password icon in your Start Menu and selecting Pin to Start.

You can also create a desktop icon by right-clicking that same icon, then selecting More > Open File Location > right-click the 1Password icon > Copy and then paste that icon to your desktop.

If you think we should put an icon on the desktop by default, let me know - I'll be happy to file that with our developers for you! 😀

ref: dev/core/core#11454

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

The installer checkbox "check if you want a desktop icon" would be really helpful. The underlying issue is I'm trying to get my partner to use password management instead of re-using passwords or simple passwords. I want the 1Password icon to be right in front of her, so it becomes familiar. In fact... having 1Password optionally start-up upon login and show rotating (new tip every day) beginner training content is how I'd ideally introduce her to it.

Found the icon, thanks.

• Sure thing, @Peter_Wang. Your point is well-taken, and I have filed the request on your behalf.

It definitely makes sense to make the path as smooth as possible, and I have a feeling that what you've posted here will spark some productive conversations for us going forward. Thanks for taking the time to explain the underlying concern here - we appreciate it! 🙏

• yosemite4
    yosemite4
    Community Member

Thank you for this extra clarity. I never use the Microsoft start window so it was unclear that the new 1Password8 icon located there could be right clicked.

• PeterG_1P
    edited June 2022

It's great to hear that this proved a helpful resource for you, @yosemite4. One of the rewarding aspects of the forums, I think, that things stick around to be useful after the initial discussion. 😃

ref: IDEA-I-1198

This discussion has been closed.