I had Version 6 standalone and have just tried to upgrade to version 7 families unsuccessfully

Sonia_Bible
Sonia_Bible
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Families

When I downloaded and set up Version 7, my Version 6 application is gone and all of the passwords have disappeared. OMG!
How do I migrate from 6 to 7. I have another computer so the version 6 info should still be there.
Im on Mac 10.14.6

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Sonia_Bible:

When I downloaded and set up Version 7, my Version 6 application is gone and all of the passwords have disappeared. OMG!

If you open your Applications folder, you should see a zipped file with your 1Password 6.app :+1:

How do I migrate from 6 to 7.

When you install 1Password 7, it should get all your app configuration from 1Password 6 automatically. This is why the old app is then zipped automatically. What do you see when you open the 1Password 7 app on your Mac?

• Sonia_Bible
    Sonia_Bible
    Community Member

I think I did something stupid. I made a new password when I registered online for Version 7. Version 7 is installed and it looks like 6 is zipped, but none of the passwords have come across. 6 & 7 have different passwords.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Sonia_Bible:

Thank you for the clarification. It sounds like you created a new 1Password Membership, but you haven't migrated the data yet:

Migrate your existing 1Password data from standalone vaults to a 1Password account

To get started, are you able to login to your 1Password account in a browser at https://my.1password.com?

• Sonia_Bible
    Sonia_Bible
    Community Member

Yes but I can only log into version 7 without all the data

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Sonia_Bible:

We can do the migration inside 1Password 7 directly too, but perhaps using 1Password 6 will be easier, since you have all your data there:

1. Unzip 1Password 6 in your Applications folder
    2. Launch 1Password 6
    3. Add your new 1Password account there: https://support.1password.com/add-account/
    4. Migrate your data: https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/
    5. Open 1Password 7

You should now have all your data in your 1Password.com, and you should be able to use 1Password 7 too. Please let us know how it goes!

• Sonia_Bible
    Sonia_Bible
    Community Member

okay I've got the data online. I did it a little differently than you suggested as I realised that V6 is gone from my laptop. But I had another computer so did the migration on that and then downloaded V7. I think its alright now. Will get back if I have more problems. Thanks!!

• Thanks for the update @Sonia_Bible. Glad to hear you were able to get the migration completed successfully. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• Sonia_Bible
    Sonia_Bible
    Community Member

Unfortunately its still a huge mess. Apparently I have created 2 accounts. I have two passwords one works on one computer the other works on the other computer. Can't delete the incorrect account and my data only shows up on one of the computers. Its frustrating

• Hi @Sonia_Bible:

I see you've also emailed us about this and we've been in contact with you. To avoid duplicating our efforts, we'll be in touch there!

Jack

ref: PYF-29454-879

• Sonia_Bible
    Sonia_Bible
    Community Member

Yes this is better. The emails are confusing

• Sonia_Bible
    Sonia_Bible
    Community Member

Can you please let me know how to delete the incorrect account.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Sonia_Bible:

We will be happy to help you with this. Since I see that my colleagues have been helping you via email, I am going to close this discussion so we don't duplicate support efforts replying to you in two different places. Let's keep the conversation going via email :+1:

This discussion has been closed.