To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

MFA not working between ANDROID phone and WINDOWS PC

segobio
segobio
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Memberships

I'm trying to log on for the first time and it keeps failing with 2 errors basically. One tells me that the code is not correct and the second is a more generic one, it just says "MFA failed".

"https://time.is/" shows a 0,2s delay for the PC and a 3,2s delay for the Android phone. Tried several different authenticator apps, the outcome is the same.

I've submitted a ticket for this very issue: #XQF-98721-893

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

Hi @segobio, and welcome to our forum! I see the separate email you sent to us, and have replied to you there 👍

• segobio
    segobio
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

Hello there John. Thanks for getting back.

I've replied the email but, basically, those options do not seem to assist at this stage. So, I'm pretty much stuck without being able to log on to the account ;(

• john_m
    john_m
    1Password Alumni

No problem, @segobio! Let's keep the conversation going via email for now (no need to post here in the forums to let me know you've replied to our mail conversation, our support system notifies me of that automatically 👍)

• segobio
    segobio
    Community Member

Yes, I'm indeed aware. I was just trying to replicate the interesting parts here so it could potentially help others with the same issue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for that :+1: :)

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I was just trying to replicate the interesting parts here so it could potentially help others with the same issue.

@segobio thanks for making this effort.

(I have previously commented that too often threads are closed or team members 'move' a conversation exclusively to email and thus forum members can't benefit from the solution.)

• segobio
    segobio
    Community Member

No problem guys ;)

On a side note, the MFA issue was solved after having gone through account recovery. It worked on the very first try after the procedure. The root cause, however, remain unknown.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That is good to hear @segobio, thank you for the update! Let us know if you see this again :+1:

This discussion has been closed.