Tag's

Dany
Dany
Community Member
edited November 2021 in Windows

If i add Tag and sub tags and again subtags like 3 -4 levels deep then i can not open and close it anymore
more then one level and now they are always full open and when you can close them then i mutch easier to found it !!

Thanks
Dany

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Dany:

Thanks for your feedback here. There's currently an open feature request for the ability to collapse tags, so I'll add your feedback to it. Thanks again!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8161

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Hello Jack
    Do you know when they will do this function ?

Thanks
    Dany

• Hi @Dany, we don't currently have any news on that (since we announce features upon release, rather than beforehand), but should this feature make it into the app we'll be sure to post in the forums about it. You'll likely hear news of it first in the Betas forum, if so. Thanks for letting us know you'd like to see this in action!

• sfgwpolo
    sfgwpolo
    Community Member

I would really like to see this feature also.

• Thanks for the +1, @sfgwpolo!

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Any News about this tool ? this ist very urgendly I just start with my Business account and i need it really Please check then they will come thanks Dany

• Hi @Dany, no news on this yet, and any news will be announced here as I mentioned earlier. However, I can understand why this would be helpful for your workflow and will do my best to loop you in personally on any future updates around this feature. Thank you for your patience on this - we're always juggling a number of priorities here, and do our best to streamline updates that will improve the experience for 1Password users across the board.

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

You know i take just a new business test account for our company but i worry that this is not coming soon. I need that really otherwise i musst use a other password programm who has this option.
    Thants why i asking for again.
    thanks
    Dany

• rollingtatoo
    rollingtatoo
    Community Member

Ehm... You've actually pulled back the tag collapsing that was already available on your last UI update... How so? That's truly
    a bummer, please bring it back ASAP...

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Hello all
    I see they change the Icon Symbol from the Tags but the most Imported thing they still not changed :-(
    How long it will takes to get the same funktion back like in Win7 Version ??

Everyday many new Updates but stuff where help the customer not will be take care .
    To Bad sorry.

• PeterG_1P
    edited April 2022

Hi @Dany, I'm sorry not to have a further update on this for you at the moment. As a matter of policy, we share updates and improvements when they're released, not before - and while we understand this can be frustrating in some cases, we're committed to under-promising and over-delivering.

I have passed your specific feedback, and a note about your team's need for collapsible tags on to our developers, though. And I'll be tracking this issue on behalf of customers as things go forward.

We are indeed supplying many new updates, and balancing many priorities, every week here. Again, while I'm sorry not to have any immediate news on this at the moment, the recent releases have included many new improvements that folks here in the forums have been asking for, and we do try to triage issues that affect 1Password users as well as we can. Thanks for your understanding.

ref: dev/core/core#IDEA-I-362

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Hello
    Any news about this importend thing ?

• Hello again @Dany, we appreciate the additional follow-up here related to the ability to collapse nested tags. The team is continuing to review and we'll send out an update when we have more details to share. Thanks again for your patience!

ref: IDEA-I-362

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member
    edited October 2022

Hello
    Still no news about this importend thing ?

• ag_mike_d
    edited October 2022

Hi @Dany!

Thanks for reaching out again about the ability to collapse nested tags. We understand how important this feature is to you, but unfortunately, I don't have any news about when this will be implemented. Please keep an eye open for the latest feature and bug fixes here: 1Password Releases

We appreciate your continued patience.

ref: IDEA-I-362

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member

Hello,

In previous versions we used the tags to distinguish customers and then certain systems etc. underneath. In the most extreme case, individual tags have up to 16 sub-levels. Which means a few thousand tags for the whole set. Since the update to version 8, it no longer makes sense for us to work with tags because they can no longer be collapsed and the scroll bar is about one millimetre in size and you scroll for minutes.

Please bring back the collapse as soon as possible!!!

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Absolutly right musst be a easy thing to change because it was allready and helpt many client to organize the data

• Hello @1psidctm and @Dany - thanks for the additional feedback. I have included comments in the filed issue that was previously opened for our team.

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member

Is it so hard to fix this ultimate annoying issue (which didn't exist in older versions)? I'm starting to get the feeling that it's always "thanks for your input, we'll leave it for a few years until you forget about it".

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Oh yes you so right. Is now over one year thats really no service 😢😢
    Is not a new thing whete we waiting for is a rhing we had allready. Everyday we get new things but never the old importend one!! Why ???
    I really don’t understand
    Thanks
    Dany

• Hello folks,

Sorry for the delay in response and thanks for your updated feedback!

First, I'd like to assure you that we haven't forgotten about this issue and each of your comments have been added to the issue filed with the development team. While I have no additional news to share about when we might see this issue fixed, the team will be looking into this as soon as possible.

Thanks for your continued patience!

• solarizde
    solarizde
    Community Member

Another one to add.

It is currently so annoying working with tags. Theres been so many good suggestions also in other threads, colored tag folders, groups, auto collapse, drag and drop.... but 1p not even offer to collapse them, the most simple thing on a tag structure one could think about. Getting a bit funny that they need 1.5y+ to manage to put a little love to such a important feature.

:(

• Hi @solarizde,

Thanks for the additional feedback here. I'm sorry for any frustration this causes. I've included you report in our filed issue. 👍

• solarizde
    solarizde
    Community Member

Hey, not want to be annoying but is there any ETA for putting some live into the Tagging feature?
    Currently it is really barley usable :(

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Oh yes you so right. Is now over one year thats really no service 😢😢
    Is not a new thing whete we waiting for is a rhing we had allready. Everyday we get new things but never the old importend one!! Why ???
    I really don’t understand
    Thanks
    Dany

• Hi folks, thanks for checking back in with us about this!

I don't have any news to share about this at this time, and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused here. Our development team are looking into this, and I've added a note to the issue on file let the team know that you've reached back out for news.

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Just tell them the post ist from
    November 2021 :-(

• Thanks, @Dany - your feedback has been passed on to the team.

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member

ChatGPT could take care of the request about as well. It is (regardless of the topic) always about the same answers and this over a period of 2 to 6 years....

• 1psidctm
    1psidctm
    Community Member
    edited April 2023