In app jpg and pdf support

jimger
jimger
Community Member

Hi, I would like to move passport and other documents from dropbox to 1password for extra protection and maybe convenience. But, I figured out every time I need to show the passport etc I need to download/open it in another app which is very inconvenient. Can u fix that to support in-app open of those? Shouldn't be that hard

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hi @jimger:

There are complications regarding expectations about what happens to previewed files when the app locks, as well as the possibility of data loss if one believes the files can be edited on disk. To simplify the situation, we settled on the "Download" behavior you see now. We felt that at least for this initial implementation, making it clear what data is decrypted by having it be visible in the Downloads folder, was a sensible choice. We're always investigating ways we can improve based on feedback from users like yourself.

I've added your feedback to our internal discussion on the subject. Thank you for your input!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8252

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

Maybe u could mark it as read only if u can't support editing... In my use case I would think android as more important... But also in windows the preview would be handy. Cheers

• OLCE
    OLCE
    Community Member
    edited November 2021

I would vote for a preview availability/feature also.
    Mainly for PDF, JPG, PNG
    I guess 1Password has to find a way to sandbox the preview, so that nothing is saved on local storage or destroy the preview cache once the item is closed or app is locked....

• Thanks for your additional feedback @jimger and @OLCE - I have included these comments with the teams current discussion. :)

This discussion has been closed.